Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Jersey City) Doubletree

joannyangel
By joannyangel,
in

You have one re-bid zone available at the 3* level. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Jersey City...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75

If the above is rejected i'd repeat in 24 hours:

Select 3* Jersey City...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Did as you suggested, through Savingsbarn. All rejected. Will try again in a week as I have some time. Can I do these two steps and if rejected, close browser, select Jersey City, 2-1/2* and bid (hoping to get the Courtyard) ... or will it automatically include the rebid zone (and I risk getting a 2-1/2 in Eliz)?

Thanks much.

Deb

You can try again for a 2.5* but you must close your browser and re-access priceline however you did previously. If you simply lowered to 2.5* then it would include Elizabeth, but by shutting the browser you in effect 'wipe the slate clean' and can select whichever zones you want at the new star level.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Rates at the Hyatt are not that high for this date ($169/nite) and Hotwire's price is just below that. I suspect that low priced inventory has not been released yet, and sometimes, even with low rates, the Hyatt does not release inventory at all.

I would stick with this one and book a cancellable back up in the meantime.

• 2 weeks later...

You have two re-bids available when bidding 4* in NYC. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Select 4* MTS...

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS and MTS...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS and MTE...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and MTS...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS and MTE and MTW and MTS...

Bid $163, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $166, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $169.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

What i suggest is to watch hotwire like a hawk until you see the prices drop in Jersey City. I did this for a bid for one night 7/21 as soon as the prices dropped in hotwire, i bid $75 and was awarded the Hyatt.

Like an hour later, the prices went up again on hotwire so i was lucky.

Good Luck,

Raul

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]