Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC June 21, 22

jmillar33
By jmillar33,
in

Hi,

I have been trying for 3 days to book a room on priceline for the above dates with no success.

I started at $120 on Sunday for MTW and used all the rebids upping $10 each bid.

On Monday I started at $160 and used the same strategy.

On TUesday I started at $170.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

So what has been your maximum failed bid thus far?

How high are you willing to go? Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

As these dates are expensive, if you're not willing/able to split the bid, i would seriously consider booking a back-up, for which i'd recommend a 1BR suite at the Beekman Tower for $212/nite. There is no booking fee so equivalent to ~$206/nite bid on Priceline, and it is cancellable up until 72 hours before your check-in date so it ensures a roof over your head while you conitnue to try the opaque services.

Let us know the answers to teh questions at the beginning of this post and we'll advise further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The first nite of your stay is the difficult one...

Did you have any thoughts on the Beekman linked above? You can read the reviews here.

If that is ok, how much would you have to save in order to change hotels? I'm fairly confident you could get the second nite within bid amounts that you have already made, so i doubt it would be worth changing hotels to save $5... but maybe becomes worthwhile if you can save $20, $30, etc? (this number will differ for each of us, so how much savings would you require?)

Let us know and we'll advise accorindgly.

I'll also "throw out there" that you could probaby get the Hyatt in Jersey City for under $100/nite for the second nite of your stay.... easy commute into Manhattan, great views of the city, and a great value... but you do lose that 'new york city feel'. I only mention it because some would rather save the money while others would rather stay directly in the city.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I decided to book the Beekman through your link.

Is there something happening on the 21st? Seems a strange day for everything to be filled up.

I would happily attempt bidding on a 4* in the city for under $230 if you thought it would be successfull.

Otherwise the Beekman will be fine for this trip.

Thanks

Could be a variety thing making the 6/21 a busy nite in the city, but not really out of the ordinary for midweek. NYC is both a business and a tourist city... with midweek rates usually being more expensive because the business traveler is often less sensitive to prices.

You could try bidding for a 4* and we'll suggest a strategy to do so, but what is the purpose of this trip? For instance, if you're going to be a bit of a 'tourist' i would only bid for 4* MTE, MTW and UM/CPS.... i'd sooner take the Beekman over a 4* in the Downtown zone. Not sure if you'll be successful or not, but if you want to give it a try let us know the acceptable zones and we'll outline a bidding strategy.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]