Priceline Hotel: 2* or 2,5* Flagstaff

Nounou
By Nounou,
in

I have tried several bids over the last few days, without success

2,5* Flagstaff 36 added Bellmont 38

started with Flag and Sedona at 40 added Bellmont at 41 all rejected

then I tried the same with 2*

F 31 added Belmont bid 30 rejected again (I figured hotels would be cheaper in Belmont than Flagstaff hence I did not increase but decrease)

Then I waited 24 hours and tried this

F 33 added Belmont bid 31 rejected again

Did not add Sedona, as I don't want to go there, just need a night in Flagstaff on the road.

Is there anything going on on that particular date or am I being unrealistic with my budget?

I can get what looks like an acceptable 2* for 58 $ with a regular reservation from another website. So if I

add taxes and fees this does not look like a good place to bid on priceline. Or did I miss a point?

Priceline keeps sending me "follow up emails" so I guess I must be pretty close, or does this happen randomly? I have been bidding on several other places lately and have only received those follow ups for Flagstaff. :)

"Try Your Hotel Request Again

Since it has been at least one day since your last request, you can try your exact same hotel request again right now by clicking here"

Thanks in advance for your help

Nounou

I received another follow up for this bid.

I have tried several places over the last few days, but I only get the follow up mail for Sedona...

Try Your Hotel Request Again

Since it has been at least one day since your last request, you can try your exact same hotel request again right now by clicking here.

Here's a few simple tips:

Shop Around

Find the best available rates for your dates and city. Then name a price that is 40% less at priceline.

Try Additional Neighborhoods

Choose as many city neighborhoods as you can to maximize your chances of getting your price.

Don't Give Up

If you don't get your hotel, don't give up. You can still get great deals by changing your options and trying again.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Nounou

Hotels.com currently shows the Highland Country Inn for 52$

I had checked via several websites before and could find several (Microtel, Best Western Pony Soldier and Best Value Inn) hotels all for around 58-59

What do you think would be a good Minimum bid?

Why do I keep getting messages for that destination only?

Does this mean anything?

Thanks in advance

Nounou

Please familiarize yourself with our Hotels.com as well as a few others that you mention above.

I wouldn't read anything into the "try your bid again" messages.

If you're happy with the Highland Country Inn that may be your best bet, but i would still try to beat it thru Priceline, knowing your "all in" price and bidding accordingly. I would think for a 2.5* you're probably looking at the high $40's/mid-$50's, although as i mention previously, i'd still try the mid-$40's in an effort to beat the Highland Country Inn.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

thanks for your answer.

If I book via Hotels.com or any other site that's on your support links, I will use the links here.

52 (or 52,78 for that matter) is their all in price.

Now if I bid up to 45 on priceline, the pricline bid including taxes and fees would come to the same.

Do you think the hotels coming up would beat the Highland country Inn quality wise?

Too difficult to tell...

Read reviews of just about any property and you will find great reviews as well as miserable reviews, so one never knows what your own experience will be like. Best you can do is use the PRICELINE HOTEL LIST and compare what has already been reported to the Highland Country Inn and make a decision. Although the recent reviews of the Highland to appear to be pretty good, i wouldn't expect 'greatness' from this property as it is a budget hotel and these often get good reviews based upon what guests received relative to the price... seldom contains any 'extras'. For example, i would almost always rather stay at a Hilton with poor reviews than a Red Roof Inn with good reviews, as i still think my overall experience would be better at the Hilton.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just wanted to let you know that I booked the Best Western Pony Soldier Inn for 67.50 USD +tax via the BW link on

the support links page.

I had found a good rate on hrs.com (45 USD +tax), which unfortunately is not featured on the support links page. So I booked via BW to help support this site and will hopefully be able to do a best rate guarantee.

On priceline I bid up to 52 for a 3*, 47 on a 2,5 and 36 on a 2* over the last few days. All rejected. So I figured I might as well book a hotel directly.

Nounou

Hi,

another update.

Unfortunately they would not let me do the price guarantee, for some stupid excuse...

So I had to cancel and book with hrs.com

Sorry for that, I guess you only get credit once a stay is fully paid, not only booked? Right?

Well, it was worth a try.

Nounou

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]