Hotwire Hotel: Please help me ID Central Park

dcc
By dcc,
in

I've scanned the hotel lists and searched the prior posts but couldn't find anything. Does anyone know what these hotels are:

7/6-7/9 Central Park Area

4* Restaurant, Fitness Center, SPA, Business Center $307/night

(my guess - Le Parker Meridien?)

3* Fitness Center $185/night

2.5* Breakfast, Fitness Center, Business Center $177/night

Thanks!

Are all of these within your expected budget?

If the above are your best options i would seriously consider a 1BR suite at the Beekman Tower for $190/nite... reviews are very good and this rate is refundable up until 72 hours before your check-in date if you want to try Priceline or monitor Hotwire for lower prices.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I agree the Beekman looks nice, but I need to be near Central Park/Mt. Sinai Hospital since my sister will be treated there. $300+ is alright but I was hoping that the 4* was something nicer than the Le Parker Meridien.

There is currently a 4* with different amenities that you typed above (also has an internet icon) for $186/nite and i believe that is the Le Meridien and that make the others a moot point... and the 2.5* isn't even showing anymore.

Unless of course you're searching for more than double occupancy?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Try setting it to the first one in the list "Every Visit to the page"

Cany somebody else reading this please do a search for this date as well and let us know if you're getting a price in the high $100's or the low $300's for this date (7/6-7/9) in the Mitdown Central zone.

OK, my bad... i was searching MTC. :) Guess i need to take a vacation from the board.

The hotel you're seeing has not yet been identified, but i'd think a pretty good guess is the Regency Hotel. If correct, it is on the southern edge of the Central Park zone (while what is believed to be the Le Meridien is on the northern edge of the MTC zone)... so this would not be incrementally more convenient than the Le Meridien... maybe 2 minutes in commute time; certainly not worth the $100 more per nite.

Once again sorry for not noticing that you were looking at CP while i was looking at MTC.

Let us know whatever you decide to do or if we can be of further help.

Another option you may want to consider is the Beacon Hotel, which is on 75th and is rated highly on Tripadvisor. You can book directly on their website for $210 (can't find it on any of the BB support links) and it is certainly a lot nearer than the other options. The Lucerne is another Upper Westside option (79th)that gets good reviews or on the Ave Hotel (77th) - both available through the Betterbidding Hotels.com link.

Hope this helps

Blueskies

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]