Hotwire Hotel: Need Help ID - Gainesville

amandayvonne
By amandayvonne,
in

You're right that it's not a popular destination for the board, as well, among board members Priceline is a more popular service than Hotwire.

Generally speaking i think you're looking at fairly similar quality among these properties. If you're really fussy when it comes to hotels i'd probably just book direct as i think you could then pick you're hotel and spend about $50-$65. I'm not that particular (especially for a one nite stay like this) and i try to get a bargain (but not waste money on some place i'd be scared to stay at) and i'd probably take the $29/nite 2* hotel. The 2.5* is jut too much more than the 2*, and the 2.5* also includes breakfast!

If it helps any, the Baymont and the Fairfield both offer breakfast and have pools, so those are at least 2 possibilities.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Some of the lower star chain hotels (Days Inn on 13 st, Super 8, etc.) in Gainesville are really, really crappy. By bidding in 1-2 stars you might end up in one of these things. The Fairfield Inn is fine. The La Quinta has a nice location but never stayed there.

The nicest thing in Gainesville is the Hilton Univ. of Florida. Never stayed at the Baymont but it looks like a pretty new hotel. After checking some rates at Travelocity, I agree with thereuare that here you might consider booking it directly.

Good luck,

2pi.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]