Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* San Francisco (Embarcadero) Le Meridien

Layla
By Layla,
in

Started with USE 4* at $85, not accepted

Added Boutique category, raised to $93, not accepted

Added USW section, raised to $95, not accepted

:)

Added Cathedral Hill, raised to $97, not accepted (I don't see any 4* or Boutique listed in Cathedral Hill or Civic Center, so I hoped this would increase my chances of getting a Boutique in USE or USW)

Added Civic Center, raised to $108, not accepted.

Going for a wedding, airfare already booked, so no flexibility in dates.

Hoping to make this a nice getaway with my husband, leaving the kids home for the weekend (yay!), so want something nice.

I'm thinking a) it's a holiday weekend and going to be hard to get a bargain and :) it's 4 1/2 months away, so not going to get the greatest deal at this time. I'll keep trying!

This forum has been incredibly valuable! Thank you!

I'm so excited! After 3 days of failed attempts with Priceline (as documented in my post on the San Fran Priceline thread), I got the room for $123 at Le Meridien, formerly Park Hyatt.

I searched for "Embarcadero Area" and it showed a 4.5 star "Customer Favorite" for $123/night. Amenities were

Restaurant,

Fitness Center,

Hi-Speed Internet,

Business Center

I knew from this site that it could be the Park Hyatt or the Omni. I checked them both out on TripAdvisor.com, and both were highly ranked. I found out that the Park Hyatt had recently become a Le Meridien property.

I booked it, and the confirmation is for Le Meridien.

I booked through Savingsbarn.com, so they should get some credit, too.

Thanks for this great resource! I'm sure we'll have a lovely trip and can spend some extra $$ on a nice night out, now!

Editing to add that I checked Starwoods online and the guaranteed lowest rate through them for same hotel, same dates was $250 + tax! :)

Tried another day of Priceline bidding, this time I was sure to use Savingsbarn.com's link. :)

This time I started with USW, 4 *, $105/night -- rejected

Added Boutique category, $108 - rejected

Added USE category, $110 - rejected

Added Fisherman's Wharf, $111 - rejected

Added 3* category, $112 - rejected

Gave up and felt that after a GREAT DEAL of research on here and on TripAdvisor, there were too many "iffy" properties in the mix for Priceline's neighborhoods to take a chance and go into the $120s.

Went to Hotwire (first time there!) and booked Le Meridien in the Embarcadero area for $123/night (added that info in a posting on the San Fran Hotwire thread.

I love this site and so glad I found it! Saved me lots of $$, as the guaranteed lowest price for the Le Meridien online for same dates is $250 + tax

Congratlations on your success... we've merged your two threads into this one so that other users (current and future) can follow the route you took to accomplish this win!

Glad to hear you are happy with the outcome and that you're now looking forward to your stay. Thanks for using the links at SavingsBarn.com to begin your purchases :)

Have a great trip.

PS- adobemama please start a NEW TOPIC for your own stay

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations for solving the mystery to what many of us assumed was the Le Meridien. I said it once, and I'll say it again, Le Meridien's Hotwire prices are considerably less than Park Hyatt's were before the conversion. Not sure how long it will last, so now is a real 'buyer's market' for the Le Meridien.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]