Hotwire Hotel: 4* NYC (MTW) Hilton New York

Maggie Sheu
By Maggie Sheu,
in

Hi, I've used priceline a couple of times, and had gotten some decent deals (I thought they are decent). However, after discovering this forum, I knew what I had missed.

Now I am planning a trip to NYC next Friday to Sun, and trying to book hotels for 2 rooms. Since I am taking my parents to other citys for tours, I would like to save up more on hotel rates.

Additionally, I am driving my car down to NYC, and hopefully I can find a place to park near the hotel too. I checked other posts and found that I could try Jersey City and book a 3.5+ star hotel there. However, I logged on to hotwire again, and the price has gone up since that post.

Anyone has suggestions?

I would like to stay in 3+ hotel with maximum bit of 130. Is is doable?

Hi, I've used priceline a couple of times, and had gotten some decent deals (I thought they are decent). However, after discovering this forum, I knew what I had missed.

Now I am planning a trip to NYC next Friday to Sun, and trying to book hotels for 2 rooms. Since I am taking my parents to other citys for tours, I would like to save up more on hotel rates.

Additionally, I am driving my car down to NYC, and hopefully I can find a place to park near the hotel too. I checked other posts and found that I could try Jersey City and book a 3.5+ star hotel there. However, I logged on to hotwire again, and the price has gone up since that post.

Anyone has suggestions?

I would like to stay in 3+ hotel with maximum bit of 130. Is is doable?

I tried to bid a hotel for 2 rooms on June 2 to June 4 for a 3 star hotel, but the entire bidding process and result is frustrating. I remembered I sucessfully bid $ 125 for a 3 star hotel in UM/CPS on March, but now I have tried bid up to $ 135 for a 3 star hotel in MTE/MTW and UM/CPS and still has no results returned. Do you have any suggestion on the bidding strategy?

(ps. I am sorry for the double posing in hotwire - new york; I though I switched to another forum topics but actually I didn't.)

I don't think that $140 is going to be enough for a 3* in midtown (and it is only $5 more than your previously failed bids)... but you can try as follows:

You have one re-bid zone when bidding 3* in NYC. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select UM/CPS....

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select MTW....

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select MTE....

Select MTW and UM/CPS....

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select MTE and UM/CPS....

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select MTW and MTE and UM/CPS....

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes. If the above fails, would you consider adding other zones or raising your bid?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]