Priceline Hotel: 3* Orange County (Disneyland) Hyatt Regency

herren911
By herren911,
in

It took a few nights of trying on this one. There are 3 free re-bids when trying for a 3 star in the Disneyland area. On night one, I worked up to $50. On night two, it was up to $58. On night three it was up to $59. All were rejected. On night four, I tried $55 and then $59 and finally got the rooms.

Congratulations, you got your price of $59 for a 3-star hotel room.

Hyatt Regency Orange County

Disneyland Area

11999 Harbor Blvd

Garden Grove, California 92840

714-750-1234

Check-In Date: Mon, Jun 19, 2006

Check-In Time: After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date: Thu, Jun 22, 2006

Check-Out Time: 12:00 PM

Your Offer Price: $59.00

Number of Rooms: 2

Number of Nights: 3

Subtotal: $354.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $55.02

Total Charges: $409.02

My wife and her family are headed down and the best she could do was $89 plus tax per room at a Holiday Inn Express, so I think we still made out fine (at least $30 per room per night savings). Maybe there's a convention in town for these dates?!?

Any suggestions on a better way we could have handled this situation? It seems that this hotel can usually be had for around $49, although I've seen bids in the $50-$60 range, too.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I did access Priceline via savingsbarn.com on my first night of trying. For my additional tries, I clicked on the link that was in my email from Priceline.

Is it best to go back to savingsbarn.com when trying to bid after the 24 hr waiting period or do they not count hits from the same IP address within a certain amount of time?

Congrats Herren911,

I like staying at that hotel. I hope I can manage to get it this summer too.

Hey, if you join the Hyatt Gold Passport, you can call 1800 CHECK IN on your check in day, early that morning, and tell them what kind of room you want and they'll give you your room number. I always ask for South Tower, for it was recently renovated (though I think most standard rooms are in the south anyway).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]