Booking 2 rooms on PL, can I extend only one room?

Scout
By Scout,
in

I am not sure if this is the right place for this question. Two families are traveling together, booking 2 rooms, but one family wants to stay an extra day. Is it possible to call PL and ask to reserve an extra day for only ONE room?

I will be bidding on the Orlando Disney area, but I am afraid if I bid two separate reservations we might end up at two different hotels.

The Hilton has come up for our dates in December.

Good question.

I don't know if their "add additional nites feature" can be used for only one room on a multi-room booking. I would suggest sending Priceline an email (not to say that you'll get an accurate answer from them :) ) The other problem is that the 'add an additional nite feature' is not guaranteed, so theoretically the couple needing the extra nite may not be able to get it at the same hotel anyway.

I think you have three options:

1) Search Hotwire for the 2 room search, figure out which hotel shown you want, then (before purchasing it) do a search for one room for the last nite and see if the same hotel shows up. If the same property is shown in each search you can be reasonably certain you'll be 'ok'. No guarantee the same single nite hotel will once again be shown after you purchase the 2 rooms for the ohter part of your stay, but i would say the odds are pretty good. This would work even better if you have 2 computers... pull up the search for 2 rooms on one computer and the search for the single nite on another computer; if both computers match buy both at the same time (may not work with a shared Cable/DSL connection).

2) Roll the dice with Priceline and hope that you get the same hotel for the last nite as you did for the other nites.

3) Book the 2 rooms together and then if the "add an additional nite" feature can't be used for only one room, book the last nite conventionally thru Orbitz, Expedia, etc.

Let us know what you decide to do and, if you email Priceline, what their response is.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I emailed Priceline and the answer is "NO", see below:

Thank you for taking the time to inquire about our services. We would

like to help you in every way we can. We understand that these are your

areas of concern:

1. You would like to book two rooms for three nights.

2. You want to know whether it is possible to add one night to only one

of the rooms.

1. You may reserve up to 4 rooms per request. Please

remember, each room must be reserved in the name of the person who will

be checking into the hotel room(s).

Furthermore, for your information, the maximum length of stay at hotels

reserved through our website is 21 days.

2. We will be unable to provide you with an option of adding a night to

only one of the rooms that you book. However if you would like to use

our add night feature you will be provided with an option of adding

nights to both the rooms.

Furthermore, the option to add additional nights to an existing

priceline hotel reservation is only available if all of the following

apply:

Thanks for letting us know.

I guess it's back to the other options listed above.

If it were me i would lean towards the Hotwire option of matching up the selections for the last nite single room purchase with the purchase of the 2 room purchase and see if the same property is offered OR booking the 2 rooms thru Priceline and then purchasing the last nite conventionally.

I'd only consider the option of rolling the dice for the last nite with Priceline in hopes of getting the same hotel IF i didn't mind chaning hotels (which i usually don't mind) and it were an area that was somewhat small in size and easy to get from place to place (like NYC or Las Vegas strip). The Orlando area is pretty large (and there are a LOT of hotels) so i don't know if you'd want to employ that strategy or not. If you'd like help bidding or identifying hotels for this stay, feel free to post in the Florida forum.

Thanks again for passing along the information you learned from Priceine's customer service.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My sister only wanted to stay one night and we wanted to stay five nights. I called her when we were ready to bid. We each did the same thing at the same time on our respective computers and got the same property at the same price. We bid two rooms and she bid one. We did this about two weeks ago for the Hyatt Regency Irvine in California for Thanksgiving weekend. Hope this strategy works for you!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]