Hotwire Hotel: Help: Embassy Suites in Downtown Ft. Lauderdale

Sheri
By Sheri,
in

:) Help! I'm new to Hotwire. I've checked rates for Embassy Suites in Ft. Lauderdale. Rates range from 190-330 for Jan. 03 - Mar. 03, but for my date in Apr. 04 ES is not even listed. Does this mean that it's sold out, or maybe that I'm too early? Thanks for your help.

Well the Embassy Suites website, the best source for availabilty, shows the hotel sold-out for that nite :)

As well, Orbitz shows it not available, but using the Expedia link above shows availabilty at $246/nite (i don't know their cancellation policy). Quickbook.com shows this hotel for $172/nite, but their rate comes with cancellation fees.

Inventory may open up as your date draws near (if rooms are being held for a convention or the like), but as of now i'd start to think of alternative plans. You may also want to begin researching exactly what event is happening in town that weekend (a call to the ES may give you the quickest answer, but the desk clerk may not know, but while you're on the phone with the hotel confirm that the hotel is indeed sold-out).

If this is the hotel you want to stay at (at any price) i'd reserve it thru QuickBook if their cancellation fee is palatable to you. If not, i'd definately reserve a cancellable back-up in the meantime, continue to monitor rates, and try to find out what, if anything, is happening in town that nite/weekend.

If you find a big event/convention, let us know and we may be able to advise further. If board member WDR sees this he may know, as he has an uncanny ability to track these things down :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

:)

Thank-you for checking this out for me. I will see what else I can find out about that weekend. From the few cruisers I've talked with, the Embassy Suites is their favorite hotel for pre-cruise stays. Do you have any recommendations for other hotels? We would like something close to airport and port, and transfers would be nice. Thanks.

The Hyatt Pier 66 gets excellent reviews (but is typically a bit more expensive) and i think it's likely too early to have a Priceline success at this point in time.

I'd have no problem staying at the AmeriSuites, although i've heard some mixed reviews of this property lately.

I wouldn't worry too much about it at this point until you find out if there is an event in town that weekend or not (and if so, what is it). THIS should be your first priority at this point and will let you know what your up against (if anything).

I assume you are flying in... what time does your flight arrive? If late and you only really need a place to sleep the night before, the Airport is an option as well.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

:)

I'll check events for the weekend first. We are flying in and will arrive in the late afternoon. Maybe something at the airport would be good. Not much sense in staying in a really nice hotel that a person doesn't have much time to enjoy, huh? Thanks again.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]