Priceline Hotel: 4* 5/27/06-5/29/06 On or just off the strip.

XxDaTxX
By XxDaTxX,
in

I was looking to stay for two nights in Vegas arriving on Sat. 5/27/06 till Mon morning 5/29/06. How much would you say Renaisance would go for for these dates? We are looking for something ~150 but I wouldnt mind paying a bit more if Renaisance would be close to guarenteed. What do you think?

If my offer for this hotel is way off from Memorial day weekend rates then what would be my best bet for something around $150 ... absolute max $165.

You can't specifically target the Renaissance nor bid on a specific hotel.

If you'd still like to go the Priceline route look at a priceline map of how they divide the area into zones and let us know which zones you'd be willing to accept (some zones may have part of the zone close to the strip but the other end of the zone not be close enough for you... you have to be able to accept a property anywhere within the shaded region).

Also, i know this is only a two nite stay, but would SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID be an option?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'd be willing to accept on the strip, or convention center-unlv. I'd also be willing to split my bid.

Just wondering ... is there a guideline as to how much below the retail I should start my bidding at?

I though that it would be possible to (almost) assure renaissance if you select 4* minimum at convention ctr only, and using other areas with no 4* as rebid zones. Sorry if the rules have changed. Last time I tried bidding using these strategies was over a year ago and I havent kept up.

I though that it would be possible to (almost) assure renaissance if you select 4* minimum at convention ctr only, and using other areas with no 4* as rebid zones.

This comes down to knowing that the Renaissance is the highest, and only, rated hotel in the zone... do you know this to be the case?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

From what it looks like (on that PL list you have) I believe it is very likely. Unless I am reading it incorrectly. Could you tell me if I have it right? Also, if I do have it right what would you suggest I start my bidding at... say for renaisance? If that is way off from my budget, how about for any of the 4* in strip, and convention-unlv area?

You're reading the hotel list correctly... but also note the comments at the top of the thread.

I need further clarification of your preferences in order to suggest a bidding strategy...

Do you prefer the Renaissance over a strip hotel? If so, is the Renaissance worth paying more for than a similarly rated hotel on the strip?

You're reading the hotel list correctly... but also note the comments at the top of the thread.

I need further clarification of your preferences in order to suggest a bidding strategy...

Do you prefer the Renaissance over a strip hotel? If so, is the Renaissance worth paying more for than a similarly rated hotel on the strip?

Renaisance is #1 choice ... and I am willing to pay up to 165 max for it. I'd feel much much better if it came out to 150 /day though. Alternatively, I wouldnt mind paying that much for a similarly rated hotel on the strip. The difference between the two in my mind is minimal, with the exception of TI and the Westin, only because I have stayed at all of the hotels except those two and I honestly dont know if they deserve that 4*. Not that they dont, just that I have no experience to say whether or not they actually do.

For what it's worth, be aware that the Renaissance's Sun 5/28 rate is already $149.95 if booked as a one-night (best available) reservation, and with Saturday being $249.95, two nights are $399.90 if you book each night separately. As long as this property is still the only 4-star in this zone and available as a one-night stay (on Marriott.com it is but sometimes PL may be restricted to 2 night minimum in Vegas), this potentially offers you rebid options (i.e. can change the bid to just the Sat night and do a direct Marriott res for the Sun night, if need be). But, if bidding on one night, you'd want to be 100% sure to not add zones that you don't want (i.e. Freemont/downtown where Golden Niugget has been showing availability even for Sat. arrivals) that could be accepted. -- and end up with a split reservation (unless that's OK).

For what it's worth, be aware that the Renaissance's Sun 5/28 rate is already $149.95 if booked as a one-night (best available) reservation, and with Saturday being $249.95, two nights are $399.90 if you book each night separately. As long as this property is still the only 4-star in this zone and available as a one-night stay (on Marriott.com it is but sometimes PL may be restricted to 2 night minimum in Vegas), this potentially offers you rebid options (i.e. can change the bid to just the Sat night and do a direct Marriott res for the Sun night, if need be). But, if bidding on one night, you'd want to be 100% sure to not add zones that you don't want (i.e. Freemont/downtown where Golden Niugget has been showing availability even for Sat. arrivals) that could be accepted. -- and end up with a split reservation (unless that's OK).

I see the point of split bidding now. Ok so ... is there a general rule for starting bidding at a certian price with respect to their current rates? Where should I start? It seems I have several rebid zones unless they only allow rebid zones with levels that you are requesting. For example ... they allow you to add a zone with only 3* even if you are requesting a 4* and up right?

..... For example ... they allow you to add a zone with only 3* even if you are requesting a 4* and up right?

Ignore that last part.... how many times do they allow a rebid assuming you can still add several rebid zones (that dont have anhy that meet your specified minimum level). And where do i start the bidding?

You're still not very clear on Renaissance vs. Strip, so i'm just going to move forward with the assumption that price is more important than not having to change hotels (since you mentioned that you don't mind splitting) and that price is more important than the Renaissance/Strip location...

You have two re-bid zones when bidding 4* in Las Vegas....

I would bid the Saturday nite alone first since that will be the more difficult nite:

Select 4* Convention Center....

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Strip....

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Convention Center and Strip....

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150.

If the above is rejected we'll take it from there.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]