Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (NMA-River North) W Lakeshore

Pollack
By Pollack,
in

I've read the following on the post but still have a couple of questions. I'm traveling with my wife who would like to stay in the NMA area. I would be fine with the loop as a fallback - prices seems quite high during this time. Is the following a good strategy for my needs? If so, please explain what you mean by zone 1 and zone 2 in the following.

Many thanks

Michael

You have two re-bid zones avialable when bidding 4* in Chicago. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* NMA...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $70, if rejected closer browser and re-access priceline however you did previously....

Select 4* NMA and re-bid zone2...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $80.

If the above fails (likely, but woth the lowball try) in 24 hours from your last rejected bid try:

Select 4* NMA...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90, if rejected closer browser and re-access priceline however you did previously....

Select 4* NMA and re-bid zone2...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $100.

I read thru everything and have a question regarding the boutique level. I noticed that this is only available in the NMA area of Chicago. Can I add an area like Ohare which doesn't have a boutique level but does have a 4 star level. Do I risk being accepted at the 4 star level in O'hare or will it only look for the boutique level

No you can't... a 'boutique' bid (treated as a 3.5* property) can be upgraded to a higher rated property.

See this thread: PRICELINE STAR RATINGS for additional info.

Did you want to start your bidding at the Boutique class or 4 star?

To recap: You're looking for NMA or Loop, maximum bid $175 (more of a note for me so i don't have to re-read the thread again after you reply regarding the star level you want to bid for)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

BEFORE bidding the below, is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option? Many hotels appear to be sold-out for your full stay. If so post back before the following and don't bid the below. If splitting is not an option, this is how i would begin:

You have two re-bid zones available at the 4* and Boutique levels. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* NMA...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select Boutique NMA...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Loop...

Select 4* NMA and Loop...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select Boutique NMA and Loop...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

The above may likely prove to not be enough, but i would start with the above in order to see if anything happens to hit, then if rejected we'll revise from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

In 24 hours...

Select 4* NMA...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select Boutique NMA...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Loop...

Select 4* NMA and Loop...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select Boutique NMA and Loop...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $153, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $155.

If I were traveling alone I would consider splitting. Not worth it to me to go through the hassle with my wife who would rather be enjoying the city. Seems like the Inter-Continental @ $213.00 may be my best bet. Any idea of what the surcharges are from Priceline?

• 9 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]