Priceline Hotel: 3* Los Angeles (Airport LAX) Crowne Plaza

z_zapper
By z_zapper,
in

Typically, the lesser the hotel, the more likely it is they'll have free parking.

In fact, often times, the farther down the star ladder you go, the better the budget amenities get. You'll seldom find a 4* or 5* hotel with free breakfast. Comfort Inns (and other 2.5*-class hotels) almost always have free continental breakfast, which ranges from juice and donuts to frozen waffles, oatmeal, and breakfast cereal.

In LA, most of the 4* hotels that can get away with it, charge for parking. I'd be surprised if the 2.5*'s did that, and downright shocked if the 1* and 2* hotels did.

The 3*'s are a toss up. You might try calling a few to feel it out, if you think that'll be a factor for you. ($15/night for parking over four nights... $60!)

Remember to use the SavingsBarn link.

Good luck.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I got the Crowne Plaza LAX (3*) for $55/night, checking in 5/25 and checking out 5/28.

Bidding strategy:

Day 1: 4* @ $50

Day 2: 4* @ $55

Day 3: 3* @ $50

Day 4: 3* @ $55

(I don't remember the exact days bids 2 and 3, but Day 1 was May 16th and Day 2 was May 23rd)

Cheers,

Z.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]