Priceline Hotel: 4* Lower Fairfield County (Greenwich-Stamford) Westin

peridot
By peridot,
in

Hi,

I am interested in booking a hotel for 3 nights arriving Friday May 19 and check out Monday May 22nd. I am very interested in the Hyatt in Old Greenwich as I've heard it's beautiful. Can anyone tell me if it is still being offered on priceline? If so how should I go about bidding? I checked the hotels on the priceline site and they don't seem to be offering it in their listing....I'm hoping to find a 3 or 4 star for about $75 a night give or take.....any advice??

By the way, can anyone tell me how long of a drive it is from Greenwich to Hartford?? Thanks!! :)

Can anyone tell me if it is still being offered on priceline? If so how should I go about bidding? I checked the hotels on the priceline site and they don't seem to be offering it in their listing
See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ about using the 'non-opaque' version of priceline to assist with the opaque product (ie- "don't do it")

I don't think you'll be able to target the Hyatt specifically, are you willing to accept any hotel in the zone? There is also a big price change over your stay, is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the info! So I would still have a shot at the hyatt but it's a big risk...and I notice that nobody has won the hyatt recently... :)

I checked the Hyatt Greenwich site and the "prevailing rate" for those 3 nights is $139.00, which isn't bad but still a little out of our price range.

I would love to get the hyatt but I would be willing to get another nice hotel in the same area...as for the splitting bids, I would really only want to switch hotels one night...preferably the sunday night...I could even stay in hartford on the sunday. We have a car so it's doable.

What do you suggest I do? Do you think I am better off booking last minute - 2 or 3 days before??

You have one re-bid zone available at the 4* level.

I'd start with...

Select 4* Greenwich...

Bid $63, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $67.

Try the above for the full stay and then if rejected re-try for just the first two nites.

If that is rejected, after 24 hours...

Select 4* Greenwich...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75.

Good Luck and keep us updated as to how it goes.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks thereuare - I have not bid yet as we now have a slight change of plans. I'd like to start my bidding by tomorrow, Monday...

We decided it would be best to only stay in Greenwich for the first 2 nights May 19 and May 20, then switch to somewhere near Storrs / Hartford on May 21 for the remaining night.

Should I keep with the same bidding strategy for Greenwich as noted above?

Also, any advice on bidding for a hotel near or around Hartford. We have to be at the University of CT on Monday morning so staying somewhere within a 20 minute drive or so would be great. We would like something no lower than a 2.5*, in a good location, and cheap ($45 range)...also, somewhere where parking would not be an issue. I'm thinking Downtown or East Hartford would be good. We are not familiar with that area at all so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks much! :)

Winning Bid:

The Westin Stamford

4* Greenwich - Stamford

May 19 - 21 / 2 nights

Offer Price: $63.00

Accepted

I am a bit disappointed it's not the Hyatt but I'm sure it will be fine...I've read some negative reviews but I hear the beds are comfy...

Thereuare: Now I would like to bid for one night in Machester - please refer to my other post...

Thanks!

Hmmm...I'm a little worried about this hotel: The Westin Stamford. I just read a bunch of reviews on tripadvisor and it sounds terrible...I'm wondering how that could be the case if it is listed as a 4*?? We certainly don't plan on spending alot of time in the hotel but I'm hoping it's not nearly as filthy as people describe it! Is it safe to park around there???

Anyways, that's the risk you take on priceline.....does anyone have experience staying at this hotel?

:)

edit: just found out that parking is underground for only $5.00 per stay....that's a plus.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]