Priceline Hotel: 4* DC (Dupont-Woodley Park) Omni Shoreham

haes75
By haes75,
in

I'm not so sure $100 will be enough for these dates, but here is how i would proceed. At the 4* level you have three re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* White House...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously (yes, i realize you didn't use all your re-bid zones)

Select 4* Convention Center...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously

Select 4* Dupont...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously

Select 4* White House and Convention Center...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously

Select 4* White House and Dupont...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously

Select 4* White House and Convention Center and Dupont...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Residence Inn is showing sold out, so unfortunately that's not going to work. The rates for the other 2.5*'s are also very high - $300+.

You might consider adding Arlington to your 4* bidding. There is only one 4* that comes up in that zone, the Westin Arlington Gateway and it's a good one. Arlington is right across the river from DC, and the hotel is within a very easy walk to a Metro stop. The area in the vacinity of the hotel is also pleasant. The rate showing on their website for your dates is $260, so smells to me like a good deal within your budget is quite possible on Priceline.

Travelguy, Thanks for the info. I got an PM from Thereuare regarding not using savingsbarn.com. Can you give me the correct URL so that I will make him happy. He seems very unhappy that I did not use the URL. He might delete or ban me from using this board. I found this on the westin for $249. What zone is this hotel located?

2350 M Street N.W.

Washington, 20037

I belive you've already got the right url to support the site, which would be a nice gesture in exchange for obtaining assistance. Just click on Priceline at Savingsbarn.com and start your bid from there.

I would be extremely surprised if anyone has ever been banned from this board for not using the savingsbarn.com link, unlike TOBB where I wouldn't be surprised at all if bannings for not using their link are a daily occurrence. So no need to worry about being banned or having your identity deleted here. I would suggest however that if you have a potential conflict with the administrator that it would be a good idea to PM him first and discuss it before airing it in this thread. I'm sure it could easily be resolved.

The Westin I was referring to is in the Arlington zone. Once again, the link for it: Westin Arlington Gateway.

Thanks for your help. I was wondering whether anyone can help me with a new bid. I have changed my plan by staying for 4nights instead of 5. My new dates are from 6/4 - 8. Can someone suggest a bid for me in the 4* and 3* for the same area as my above bid. I would used the link provided and not groff off. Thanks. I have raised my limit to $120.

I finally got 4* omni Sheraton at $110 for 4 nights. 6/4 - 8. I bid at $100 and was asked to counter for $22. I did not and bid for $105 and than $110 and got it at that price. Thanks all for your help. Now back to bidding for 6/8 at IAD. Any advice?

Here is the best you could have gotten on omnihotels.com, where the rates for your dates are $349/389/389/369:

Stay Information

Arrive: 06/04/2006

Depart: 06/08/2006

Total Nights: 4

Number of Rooms: 1

Room 1

(Adults 2 / Children 1)

Subtotal (4 nights): 1496.00 USD

Taxes: 216.92 USD

Fees: 0.00 USD

Total for Room: 1712.92 USD

So you saved well over $1,000!

If you start a new thread for the IAD stay including desired star level we'd be happy to help with that.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]