Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC (MTS) Affinia Manhattan

frugaltraveler
By frugaltraveler,
in

Dear Moderator,

I have not used Priceline or Hotwire before and I was wondering if somebody could walk me through this process.

I prefer to travel from Long Beach, Ca. to New York City in September 2006 from 9th - 13th.

Looking to book both flight and 3-4 star hotel (in mid town).

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Greg

There is no bidding on Packages thru Priceline or Hotwire... you enter the criteria and they give you a price. You then choose to accept that price or not; so i'm not sure exactly what help you need.

If you want to purchase the hotel and airfare separately then there would be bidding involved, but not on a package product.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is going to be a tough win, but this is how i would proceed...

The above is actually only three zones, not four, UM/CPS is only one zone.

At the 4* level you have two re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Select 4* MTW and MTE...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $195.

I would bid the above for the following date combinations:

9/9-9/12

9/10-9/13

9/9-9/11

9/11-9/13

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

I have booked the Affinia Manhattan 3* @ MTS for $160.00 per night from 9.08.06 with a check out date of 09.10.06 through Priceline via savingsbarn.

I tried numerous times in all Manhattan zones to no avail up to $210.00 for the full 09.08.06-09.13.06 for a 4* and tried splitting many different ways.

Tripadvisor gives good feedback on the Affinia so the price and location work for me. I will continue to try for 09.10.06-09.13.06 for a 3* or 4* below $200.00

I will keep you posted and great thanks again for all of your help.

Great to see this hotel appear on Priceline... the Affinia group "does it right" when it comes to hotels in NYC!

Did you win this today? Do you recall the amount of your previously rejected bid for a 3* hotel in the MTS zone? (assuming this was not your first bid)

Please start a NEW TOPIC for the balance of your stay so that we can ultmately reflect the hotel received in the topic title of that thread as well.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]