Priceline Hotel: Need 4* NYC May 17 to 22

ezed
By ezed,
in

Hi,

Good to be back here again . Have been a veteran of your bidding advice for some years now.

We (2 couples) will be in Manhattan 5/17 for 5 nites, c/o on 5/22, and want to stay in MTE/MTW/UM, at a 4*.

So we need 2 rooms for 5 nites. We're willing to split the stay into 2/3 nites (or 3/2) with 2 different hotels.

We have a backup in (upper) MTS at the Affinia Manhattan (3.5*) in a 2-bdrm. suite; 24-hr cancel.

Our limit is $200 for the 4*.

I just went thru the bidding cycle (thru savingsbarn) as you listed in your May 2 note in the topic "*4 May 27 to 30". BTW, on the 3rd set, you had UM/CPS (duplicate) instead of MTW.

I started bidding at $120, instead of your $110. I went $120/130/145 , for the 1st 3 sets and all rejected.

Then I went $150/160/170 for next 2 sets and all reject.

Last set went $175/180/185 and rejected.

Thanks for all the good info on this forum.

Any advice appreciated.

Hi,

Sorry that I didn't spell out my bidding. It was exactly for the zones and re-bids as you wrote in your may 2 reply to "4* May 27-30". But I can't see that topic anymore (??).

So, I started with 4* MTE at $120, added rebid zone at $130, added rebid zone at $145.

Started again with 4* UM/CPS and same 3 bids.

Started again with 4* MTW and same 3 bids.

Started again with 4* MTE + UM/CPS and $150/160/170.

Started again with 4* MTW +UM/CPS and same 3 bids.

Started again with 4* MTW + MTE + UM/CPS and $175/180/185.

Thanks for your help.

The thread you previously referenced is still there, but the topic title has changed since that user won a hotel for part of their stay (so the topic title has been changed to reflect the hotel they won).

Did you want to bid up to your limit before SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID, or is price more of a factor and you'd prefer to split the bid before increasing your bid more?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm not very optimistic on this one unless you could possibly split twice: 1-3-1 which i think could save you some money, but not sure if you're willing to do so.

If not, i would give the following a try for starters (do NOT bid the following for a 1-3-1 split):

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Select 4* MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175.

Try the following for the above date combinations:

5/17-5/22

5/18-5/22

5/17-5/21

5/19-5/22

5/17-5/20

5/20-5/22

5/17-5/19

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks much for your bid schedule.

I checked your bid schedule (4:22pm) against what I had already bid (my post of 5/11 11:07 pm).

My bid was for one date combo of 5/17-5/22 and was identical to your schedule except I was higher (at most by $10) for some of the last bids. So, it looks like I have already done the 1st date combo; right?

In order to keep our backup intact as our starting hotel (5/17), I would like to use your schedule (revised?) to bid for just 5/19-22 and 5/20-22. Finally, our limit is $195.

I would really appreciate if you could post a bid schedule for these 2 date combos.

We decided to try for just the last 3 or the last 2 nites on PL. Not willing to split twice and not move for just the last nite.

So I went thru the bid list for 5/19-22 and 5/20-22, starting at $120 and ending at $185 ($10 higher than your list). Got rejected for all bids.

At this point , we'll use our backup (3.5*, MTS, $175/couple in a 2-bdrm suite).

Thanks for your guidance.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from our NYC trip and had a great time. We checked into our backup hotel, as we had struck on on PL bidding beforehand.

I turned out that we were paying $250/nite per room for our 5-nite stay in our backup hotel (Affinia Manhatten, 7th Ave & 31st).the

On 18 May, I tried to get 2 rooms, 4*, in MTW/MTE/UM for the 3-nites of 5/19-5/22 (c/o).

I used the same strategy (2 re-bid zones) and started at $210 and ended at $255.

Got rejects for all bids, so we stayed in our backup for the 5 nites.

We did enjoy our stay and recommend the Affinia Manhatten.

Thanks for all the help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]