Hotwire Hotel: 4* San Antonio (Downtown-River Walk) Crowne Plaza

lee1
By lee1,
in

I am going to a convention in San Antonio on 11/15-19. I tried to get a 4 star. I started at 84 and went up to 100 by adding zones (East, Med Center, South) with no luck. I might try one more time at around 110 by adding another zone.

1) Any suggestions for success for the 4*?

2) I may want to try to go to a 3* if the $110 bid fails. Is there any way I can try 3* without waiting 72 hours and also not accidently get the Med center area since I already included it in my 4* bid? Any bid suggestions for this level?

Thanks!

Looking to stay in 4* on 11/15-19. Any idea what hotel this is?

San Antonio Riverwalk 11/15-19 for $105

Listed amenities: Pool, Internet access, laundry, fitness center, business center. The price they list is $105.

Thanks!

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. If you end up using a different service to book we'll move the entire thread to the other forum.

The Hotwire hotel above matches the Crowne Plaza Riverwalk so that would be our best guess.

As far as your priceline bidding, how high are you willing to bid for a 4*? It could just be too early before your stay, but more likely it is that prices at the hotels i checked are much higher than usually... nothing less than $250 and some topping $300+.

The lock-out period has been changed to 24 hours. If you want to bid for 3* after your failed bids close the browser and re-access priceline however you did previously, starting from a 'fresh' page. This way nothing will be checked already and you can bid for just the Downtown-RiverWalk area and not have to include the other zones you previously bid (but can then add other re-bid zones if available if your first bid fails).

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of additional help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok, I will continue my priceline/hotwire questions for this San Antonio - Riverwalk trip here.

Update: I bid up to $86 on priceline for a 3 star with no luck. That is starting to get rather close to the $105 Hotwire offers for the 4*

Hotwire has a 3* with Restaurant, Laundry and pool which I suspect is the Holiday Inn for $78.

Hotwire also has a 2.5* Riverwalk area with a comp breakfast and pool (that is all that is listed) for $59. Any guesses as to what this property is?

Thanks!

I tried one more time to get a 4* through Priceline and went to $108 with no luck. I rechecked Hotwire and found the same offer from yesterday of $105 for $103 today.

I got November 15-19, 2006 at the Crowne Plaza for $103 per night.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]