Hotwire Hotel: need help with 2* Niagara Falls Hotwire

Gatineau man
By Gatineau man,
in

Hello experts of better bidding!

First of all, is it a problem when booking for 4 people on Hotwire, or as long as you enter the 4 people in your search you're fine?

Hotwire shows a room at $80 . It is for the Niagara Falls-Ontario section (area map A).

amenities are the following: restaurant, pool, fitness

I do not have other choices except a 1* @$66 and and I will not take a chance on it. They're not saying it is a saving of how much but it is at least a bit of a saving after doing a long research on the hotels in the area for those dates.

so could you help me identify this hotel please?

WE are interested in it because it is last-minute and would cancel a previous booking at $265CAN at a cheap hotel we are suspicious about!

thanks in advance, bidding geniuses!

by the way, it would not be advised to bid on Priceline considering we are 4 people, right?

The above matches the 2* Days Inn Lundy's Lane Niagara Falls so that would be our best guess; but the amenity icons are fairly common so there could always be others... but i'd expect something of "Days Inn" or "HoJo" type of quality... certainly sounds better than $265CAD :)

If a 2* isn't going to cut it and your alternative is $265CAD, i would think you could probably get two rooms at a higher star rated hotel thru Priceline and do better than $265CAD.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

hello again!

the $265 CAN is for 2 nights with tax. The Hotwire $80 offer would be for 2 nights, $208 CAN with tx. A decent enough difference to maybe take a chance.

You have not answered this question:

'is it a problem when booking for 4 people on Hotwire?'

and also:

'by the way, it would not be advised to bid on Priceline considering we are 4 people, right?'

Thank you for your possible matches. Can I assume that the hotel would be part of a major chain? When they say 'restaurant, pool, fitness' for amenities, can I assume that it is possible that there is no fitness room and a cocktail bar can count as a restaurant?

thanks again

is it a problem when booking for 4 people on Hotwire?
There will be enough sleeping accomodations for every person that you included in your search.
by the way, it would not be advised to bid on Priceline considering we are 4 people, right?
Correct. Many do it and do not have any problems; others choose to take the risk and somebody ends up sleeping on the floor.
Can I assume that the hotel would be part of a major chain
No. It usually is, but if you scan the hotel lists you'll see hotels that are independently owned and not part of a major chain.
restaurant, pool, fitness' for amenities, can I assume that it is possible that there is no fitness room and a cocktail bar can count as a restaurant
The hotel will have all of the amenities shown. If it states there is a fitness center then it will have a fitness center (or you'll be entitled to a refund/partial credit from Hotwire). Restaurant gets a little grey area... the hotels are the ones who determine which amenities are shown to be associated with their properties. I would suspect if a lounge only served a limited appetizer menu than that would not count as a 'restaurant', but if the lounge served a more extensive menu it could be argued either way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

you always have clear answers.

now I get only pool for amenities and $81

it is too bad your maps and hotel lists do not have 2* hotels for Niagara Falls-Ontario. Plus, there are many Days Inns and Howard Johnsons in the city, all have a pool, and many more 2* hotels, it is hard to figure out which one it is. If you have any idea, tell me and if not, thanks again.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]