Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Copley) Sheraton

Netters
By Netters,
in

Hi! After having past great success bidding with PL in NYC and Cleveland, am now in need of help for a family trip to Boston this August 2nd to 4th (Wed to Fri). I have done a lot of homework and feel that we would be best in the downtown Copley area. Current rates are certainly not cheap. From the hotel websites, I found the following:

Colonnade Hotel $299/night

Westin Copley Place $299

Sheraton Boston $264

Marriott Copley Place $349

Fairmont Copley Plaza $289

I also explored EasyClickTravel and the Reverse lookup tool (Brilliant! thanks so much) and found:

Sheraton Boston $195

Marriott Copley Place $234

Hilton Back Bay $193

(also, from Easy Click, but in a different area: Courtyard Boston Tremont $164 and Holiday Inn Select $153)

Based on these numbers, can anyone suggest a bidding strategy. I see the newbie seems to have the inside scoop on Boston around here. And thereuare is also a great help. I already have plane tickets and am ready to bid, but would like to start out as low as possible since I have just under three months before the trip. I would be happy with the Sheraton Boston and have seen it come up regularly. I understand I have three free rebid zones.

I hope that is enough information for assistance to be provided. Thank you in advance.

Annette

Hi thereuare,

Right now, I am interested in bidding the Downtown Copley (for easy Fenway Park access) zone for a 4* up to $130. Is this in the ballpark? My gut tells me I am a bit low, but I feel like I have some time. What do you think?

Thanks.

Annette

You have three re-bid zones available at the 4* level. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Copley...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bdi zone2...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Copley and re-bid zone3...

Bid $103, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bdi zone2...

Bid $110.

I would start with the above and then if not successful we'll update in order to try again in 24 hours and go up to your actual bidding limit.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'll jump in now that you've picked your area and max bid. Sticking with the Copley area in another 24 hours:

Select 4* Copley...

Bid $101 if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Copley and re-bid zone3...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $130.

Thanks newbie. I tried this just now, but did not succeed.

Do you think I should wait a week or so to try again? I do not care to up my limit right now since I have so much time, but am curious what it is going to take to get the 4*.

All input welcomed. I will check back later.

Always started at savingsbarn.com.

Annette

Your next move depends on what you want to do.

1) You could book one of the prepaid EasyClickTravel hotels, which is cancellable up to 72 hours before check-in, and keep trying Priceline every 3-6 days with your current max and area.

2) You could expand your area to include Downtown, which isn't a bad area to stay for a Sox game. It's a short cab or subway ride from Fenway.

3) Or you could raise your bid by $5-15, which is something you weren't looking to do, but may give you success in the Copley area. However, with high rack rates, I still doubt this range will be successful.

Today I bid:

Selected 4* Copley...

Bid $90 --rejected, added re-bid zone1...

Bid $100, --rejected, added re-bid zone2...

Bid $110, closed browser and reaccessed savingsbarn.com

Selected 4* Copley and re-bid zone3...

Bid $120, --rejected, added re-bid zone1...

Bid $125, --rejected, added re-bid zone2...

Bid $132.

No go! Will try again in a few days.

Does anyone have any input on staying in the Cambridge zone for a Boston trip centered on sightseeing, Freedom Trail, Fenway, etc.? I did see a Hotwire deal for $88/night for a hotel I identified as the 3* Radisson for my dates.

Thanks.

I'd consider downtown before 3* Cambridge. The subway doesn't cover the Western sections of Cambridge, where the Hyatt and Radisson are located.

I'd also look into the 4* Airport level, as the Hilton Logan & Hyatt Harborside are typically lower than downtown & copley area hotels.

I would stay downtown which is the closest to the freedom trail and most of the sightseeing. It also has very easy access to Fenway through the greenline. Copely would be the preferred choice. I don't know what exact zones they offer but if they have a brookline zone there are some decent hotels there and they have very easy access through the T on the green line. I would not suggest the Airport. you have to change trains too much and it's not a safe area.

• 2 weeks later...

Success! Got the 4* Sheraton Boston Hotel in Copley for $140/night for two nights, August 2 to August 4, using previous bidding strategy.

Just what we wanted, just where we wanted to be. Had previously bid up to $135 with no luck, so $140 must have been just right. Used the savingsbarn.com portal. I will also be looking for a hotel for Monday, August 7th, in Boston, but not sure where yet. I will be back when we are ready.

~Thanks thereuare, newbie and becky~

:)

Annette

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]