CA Los Angeles Burbank Airport Hilton

Glenn
By Glenn,
in

Upon arrival at Burbank airport, waited about 15 minutes for the Hilton shuttle. The driver offered free bottled water to passengers. It was a short drive to the hotel which is directly across the airport. I wondered if it would have been faster to walk than to wait for the shuttle.

At checkin, requested a king smoking and was told there was one available but the room was small and near the elevator. I was offered a larger room with double beds, and accepted it. It was on the 2nd floor of the east tower. View from the room was of the adjoining convention center.

The room was average, nothing special. It was plain with the basic amenities. Coffeemaker and Neutrogena products in bathroom. Extra blanket and pillow in closet. The pillow was actually half the size of the ones on the bed. I expected a lot of noise since it was near the airport, but I didn't notice any and slept very well.

Usa Today was waiting by the door in the morning. When I got the paper, I noticed the rooms across had receipts under their door. I didn't get one. Maybe no receipts for priceline stays? It would have been handy to have one though because I had problems with the video checkout. I had two charges of $56, which is what Priceline paid. My winning bid was $57. Had to go down to front desk to get it straightened out, which made me miss the airport shuttle. I didn't want to wait 15 minutes, so I walked to the airport. It took about 5-7 minutes.

Daily Grill is the hotel's restaurant and offers 24 hour room service. This is the only nearby dining option. There is nothing else near the hotel. No other restaurants or stores. There is also self service coin operated laundry. And in addition to the airport shuttle, there is a free scheduled shuttle to Universal Studios and the mall - Media City Center.

There is a parking fee of $9. If staying for only one night, as I did, you can avoid the parking fee. Rent a car from Dollar, which is also located in the hotel lobby. (Dollar has low rates, too. I got a midsize for $20, taxes and fees included.) The rental agent will give you a parking voucher that has a 15 minute time stamp. Give it to the parking attendant as you exit. When you return the car, drop it off in front of the hotel, or if its after hours, park it in one of the stalls. Then just toss your parking ticket.

I would recommend this hotel solely for the convenience to the airport. You can sleep a little bit longer and you don't have to worry about traffic. As I was walking to the airport, there was a looooong line of cars on Hollywood Way, the main road to the airport.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]