Hotwire Hotel: Help ID Hotels 7/1 - 7/6/06

govols
By govols,
in

First-time poster -

Looking for room for 4 people (2 adults/2 teens) July 1 - July 6.

Need help IDing the following:

4* NYC (Midtown South) "upscale"

Price: $237

Amenities: Boutique Hotel, Hi-Speed Internet Access

3* NYC (Midtown Central) CUSTOMER FAVORITE "midscale"

Price: $178

Amenities: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness Center, Hi-Speed Internet Access, Business Center

2.5* NYC (Midtown Central) "limited service"

Price: $191

Amenities: Restaurant, Fitness Center

Thanks

The above seems expensive for this time of year, so i imagine you're paying a premium for quad occupancy. Would you consider two rooms for a similar total price as above and/or SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID?

NYC hotel rooms are also notoriously small, and even hotels that allow quad occupancy, it is usually tight quarters. You may also want to consider a 1BR suite at the Beekman Tower for $188/nite (you'll have to book for 2 adults but the room configuration is 1 bed in the bedroom and a pullout sofa in the living room... so the above assumes your kids can sleep on a pullout sofa). The reviews are great, it gives you considerably more room than a typical hotel room, has a kitchen with refrigerator to store drinks and other groceries/supplies, and it is also cancellable until 3 days before your check-in date so you can see if rates come down a bit via the opaque suppliers.

What are your thoughts on the above?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Two rooms for similar total price would be fine. Those are Hotwire quotes since I know you can book 4 to a room. I didn't spend much time looking at Priceline. As for splitting the priceline bid, I guess I have to be willing to change hotels if necessary, is that right?

I'll also check out the Beekman reviews.

Thanks

We'd rather not risk changing hotels. We definitely want 2 rooms and would prefer not to pay more than $110 per room. I've seen several posts of people getting the Sheraton Manhattan for $95/nt. for days during our stay. That would be perfect. The Sheraton looks really nice for the price and the kids would love the pool.

We might consider across the river or uppper manhattan to get in our price range, as long as we can find affordable transportation into the city each day.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]