Priceline Hotel: Boston in October

Blueskies
By Blueskies,
in

Hi

We are looking for a 4* for Mon 23rd and Tues 24th October 06.

I think we will stick to the Downtown or Copley zones as we want to have easy access to the sites (considering Cambridge too). Have not tried yet as it is so far out IMO. Flights are set but there is a bit of flexibility as we are staying Sun 22nd in Cape Cod area (will make cancellable booking for Courtyard at Hyannis via your Marriott link) and wondered if there was any merit in staying outside the city for another night and then just stay one night in the city. We will be hiring a car to drive up from NYC and will drop it off when we get to Boston. Conventional rates seem high at the moment. There are 4 of us (parents and 2 adult sized teen boys) so if we use priceline we will need to get two rooms. There doesn't seem to be a lot of places have family suites in Boston.

Any views? The Newbie is a local. yes? I know 2 nights is not long but we will return on another visit.

thanks in advance.

Blueskies

If you are looking to do 2 or 3 days worth of sightseeing in Boston, you'd be better off staying in one hotel for both nights.

Rates are slightly higher for these dates and Hotwire currently doesn't have any spectacular deals. How much are you looking to spend? I'll see if there is anything that would be good as a back-up reservation.

Thanks for your quick reply. I guess around $350 for 2 rooms is what I would like to pay (or less).

From what I have seen so far the Doubletree downtown and Cambridge have the best rates from PL hotels. We have AAA membership and Hilton Gold passport (if that is relevant).

Is there a T stop at the World trade center yet? I note that the Westin Copley has 2 Q +sofa bed which would be great - only problem is the price $464 +tax (YUK!)

I will probably try Priceline for NY 2 nights but I know the area and I am comfortable with bidding there and already have a decent rate which is cancellable. I just don't know where to start.

Thanks for your quick reply. I guess around $350 for 2 rooms is what I would like to pay (or less).
$350 total or $350 per night?

Hotwire currently is showing 4* over $200 per night, which would make it difficult to get 2 rooms for both nights under $350 total.

Is there a T stop at the World trade center yet?
Yes, it is serviced by the Silver Line

Boston is the walking city, so many T stops are good for the tourist areas.

Someone else found this goole map w/ stops listed: http://www.thrall.net/maps/mbta.html

Here's a quick list:

Boston Common - Boylston or Park St Station [both America's oldest subway stations]

Downtown Crossing Stores - Downtown Crossing

Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market - Gov't Center or State St

Fenway Park - Kenmore or Fenway

Beacon Hill - Charles/MGH or Park St

North End - Haymarket or North Station

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]