Priceline Hotel: 4* Amsterdam (City Center-Museum Quarter) De Roode Leeuw

Desirees
By Desirees,
in

Looking for three rooms 9/25-9/29 in the City Center and i bid $110 for three rooms each, and it has given me a rebid offer of $160. I looked at the 4 star hotels in the area and all of them are way over 150 Euros which is like $196. Should I accept the rebid offer? My concern is that since I am bidding for three rooms, I am not sure whether I will get this later on, since it might be hard to get three rooms together. Any ideas, anyone? I know I have a lot of time, but is September a busy time in Ams?

Thanks,

D.

Hi Blueskies,

Thanks for the prompt reply. But, my fellow traveller was even prompter and she insisted we go ahead and get it. So we are now staying at the De Roode Leeuw in Amsterdam. I kinda freaked out when I saw the name of the hotel thinking we have ended up with a dump, however I then went to Trip Advisor and there are some pretty good reviews of the place and apparently great location too. So, feeling ok about it...though I was hoping for a Marriott or a Renaissance. But I had been checking prior to bidding, and when I would put in three rooms at the Marriott website, it was giving me club level or suite options only. Anyway, will definitely post a review when I get back.

Thanks again,

D.

Hi Desirees

Glad to hear you have it sorted.

Sometimes just knowing you have something sorted is worth a lot. Others like to know they have the best deal they could possibly have got. It is down to personal preference.

I am sure you got a much better deal than booking conventionally.

Have a great stay.

Amsterdam hotel rates have just been out of control. Priceline deals/steals are hard to come by lately. I just booked a bed and breakfast conventionally for 2 nights in June because of the going priceline rates. Personally, I can accept not knowing what hotel I'll get for 90 a night, but not for 150 a night. Anyhow, if anyone is looking in Amsterdam but having problems with Priceline, you can send me a personal message and I"ll share my research on B&Bs with you.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]