Priceline Hotel: 3* Vancouver (Coquitlam-Burnaby) Hilton Metrotown

canoe
By canoe,
in

I'm looking for a one night stay in the Vancouver area July 14(Friday). I'd prefer 4* in Burnaby where I'm guessing the only property is the Hilton Metrotown, although I've seen the Hilton most recently listed @ 3* on a less hospitable forum. Website prices for the Hilton (including Priceline's) are around US$136. I've bid up to $91 in both Burnaby and Van without success. I wouldn't want to go any higher in Van as I really don't want to be downtown on this stay. I guess I'd go higher ($110) in Burnaby if the liklihood of getting the Hilton is high. Anybody know much about the 3* hotels in Burnaby? Should I lower to 3* or book a back-up and wait to see if prices drop? Love this board. You guys do a great job. Thanks.

I wouldn't bid any higher at this point.

You're close to a point where after priceline's fee you're looking at a $20 savings, which for a one nite stay, i would just get what i wanted directly from Hilton. You can book a cancellable back-up there and then continue to try as you get closer to your check-in... at that point if still unsuccessful you can consider increasing your bid at that time.

That's my .02 :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks Thereuare. Based on your advice I decided to abandon the 4* bidding for a while. Thought I'd roll the dice one more time @ 3* (had previously bid to $60). Lo and behold I got the Hilton Metrotown @ $66! This is now a 3*, not an upgrade, which raises the interesting question of what the 4* could possibly be in this zone. Didn't see anything on Tripadvisor, Expedia, nor Hotels.com that looks like a possibility. In any event I'm right chuffed about the property and the price. Thanks again for the help and forum. $66 was my only bid today. Used the SavingsBarn link as usual.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]