Priceline Hotel: Help for 6/18-6/24 - 3* Downtown or 3*/4*Airport

DunkinDonut
By DunkinDonut,
in

Ok, unsuccessful getting the rest of the week Sun through Saturday at the Sofitel. This is actually for my parents. I got them the Sofitel for the first 3 nights Thur-Sun and I'm looking to get them the rest of the week. They were flexible on their check-out date, either Friday 6/23 or Sat. 6/24 (they wanted an extra day for themselves as this is mostly a business trip...for my dad at least. My mom will probably be bored by then)

I'm pretty sure I can get Sofitel at ~$70 for Fri 6/23, but declined as I bid the rest of the week up to $98 without luck. I think I was willing to bid a little over $100 cuz it wasn't my money, but then questioned whether or not it would be worth the value as I've heard good things about the downtown hotels. So I'm asking for help the last 5-6 nights. Suggestions on splitting the stay again or going for 3* downtown?

Max bid ~$90. Budget is $100/night after taxes and fees.

If people are familiar with the area please help. My mom will be shopping/doing nothing most of the time while my dad is visiting General Mills in the Golden Valley area. If you know of areas that will be good to stay in this situation then gimme an earful! Thanks in avance!

Sorry, didn't post going rates of hotels. Here it is.

Minneapolis-St.Paul (Airport (MSP) - Mall of America)

4* Sofitel - $149 weekdays/$99 weekend ( Was just $129/$89 a few hours ago)

3* Four Points - $149

3* Hilton Airport/Mall of America - $152

3* Park Plaza - $99

3* Sheraton Bloomington - $180

Minneapolis-St.Paul (Downtown Minneapolis)

3* Doubletree Suites - $179

3* Hilton - $179

3* Hyatt Regency - $189

3* The Marquette -$189

3* Marriott Minneapolis City Center - $349

3* Millenium Hotel - $178

The first thing i would do is ask your parents how they feel about splitting the bid and changing hotels for a third time on this trip? Everyone has a different opinion on the amount of savings which makes it "worthwhile" to have to change hotels.

Once that is determined i think it will become easier to figure out a gameplan.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

They said if they moved Sunday it'd be ok since it's still a weekend, but during the week if they had to checkout it'd be too much of a hassle to check out in the morning while one of them was out on business and have just my dear old mum carrying a suitcase around to check in at another hotel by herself.

Still trying to get Sofitel, just waited out the lockout and haven't had time to go back again. Thx for the help!

Given that Hotwire had what i believed to be the Sofitel the other nite (I haven't recently doublechecked to see if the same hotel is being offered but will if you're interested in purchasing it) I would stick with your 4* bidding since i think you're very close and it sounds as if that is what your parents would prefer.

Of course if they'd rather look at other zones or a lower star rating in order to save some money that is fine too, but from what i'm gather your intention is to currently stick with the 4* bidding?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]