Priceline Hotel: 4* Ft Lauderdale (Beach) Hyatt Regency Pier 66

John
By John,
in

Have unsuccessfully bid several times for either 4 * or Resort Property in Ft. Lauderdale Beach Area Nov 7 through Nov 10.

Wanted either Hyatt Pier 66 or Marriott Harbor Beach Resort which seem to be the Priceline properties fitting these categories.

-Started bidding 4* FLL Beach @ $81 was rejected,

-The Category was automatically increased by Priceline to also include Resort. I re-bid adding Coral Springs which has highest category 3* and I re-bid @$90. - rejected.

-Added FLL Airport Area (highest being a 3*) and re-bid @ $99 - rejected.

-Added Miramar Area (Highest being a 2 1/2*) and re-bid @$111-rejected.

-Added Pompano Beach (highest being a 3*) and re-bid @ $123 - rejected.

Not willing to go higher than $125. Any suggestions. PS I have been shut out 6 times already following this approach every 3-4 days.

Is it that these properties just are all booked up? or could rooms free up closer to my dates?

John, just thought i'd mention that only your first night 11/7 seems to be sold out.

maybe you could stay at a cheaper hotel on the first night. try for a 3* or something.

and try bidding for 11/8 - 11/10 for a 4* or higher in the Beach zone.

have you also checked Hotwire for you dates, btw?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you do a Hotwire search for only Nov. 8-10 you will see the $300+ rate drop to $159 or so (confirming the difficult nite is the 7th).

I would try the following on Priceline for 4* Nov 8-10:

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $125.

Let us know how the above goes. If you're successful i'll post a strategy for the nite of the 7th.

Good Luck!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As per your suggestion, I bid the nites of 11/8 and 11/9 and started at $85 (instead of $90).

Bid was accepted at $85 + $28.05 Taxes and Service Fees for a Total of $198.05 at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 which is a 4*. I entered Priceline through SavingsBarn.com.

Since this is my first time doing this with Priceline (i'm a novice at this), please advise what I do next, do I phone the hotel to see what type of room they will assign me? or do I just show up and show them the receipt I printed up etc. All suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for all the help "dada", "dbnyc" and "thereuare".

Great job!

Rooms are booked 'run of house' which essentially means what's available at check-in, so a room has not yet been assigned. However, you can call them now and ask them to note your preferences (ie- smoking/non-smoking, king/2 beds). Some hotels will tell you that they can't touch a Priceline reservation but most will just take your request and input it into their system. I like to do this because it ensures that they have my reservation. I also bring a printout of the confirmation screen with me just in case i show up and they tell me i don't have a reservation (it hasn't happened yet :) ).

Do you want to try for the nite of the 7th now (star a new thread as your likely to get a new hotel and this will keep the board orderly)? If so, will you have a car and are you committed to the same zone (but at the 3* level perhaps)? Are you flying in and perhaps want to stay near the airport that nite? (these aren't necessarily suggestions, just trying to understand your plans so that i can offer some recommendations)

.... and of course, THANKS for the support! If you'd like, don't forget to email SavingsBarn.com to enter their October contest (email address at their site).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks "thereuare",

I have a car booked thru Hertz @ $33/day 2 door sporty model.....need it from 11/7 AM (flying in with Jet Blue) thru 11/10 PM thus effectively 4 days, do you think I can get it cheaper?

Re; nite of 7th, Its a relatives wedding so its at the Hyatt and I have their group rate for 11/7 ($179) not great but at the same place so combined with the great rate thru Priceline on the 8th and 9th i'm ok.

would welcome suggestions on car rentals.

Thanks,

You can try to beat the car rental rate on Priceline. Savings aren't usually as significant as they are for hotels, but if your plans are absolutely set it doesn't hurt to try to save a few dollars. Since you'll be spreading the $6 Priceline fee out over 4 days, the price you need to beat is $31.50.

I would try bidding $25, if rejected wait the 72 hours and try $28. You can substitute your own numbers, but any higher than $28 i don't think is worth the small savings.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]