Priceline Hotel: Addition coments on Miami south beach bidding

carolynb
By carolynb,
in

I have been trying to get something in the *4 or resort category for several weeks. My orginal requests were for 12/5-12/9 I went as high as 110 for 4* and 125 for resort. All rejected. When we were invited to spend 12/6 with friends in Boca we decided to spend 12/5 by the airport because of late night arrival. With the new dates of 12/7-12/9 I bid 100 and 110 for resort So Beach and they were rejected. But the 4* went through at 95. I guess the longer stay was causing the problems. One or both of the extra nights must have had higher rates or no vacancy

This is a good example of why you should check the rates for each nite of your stay at various hotel websites (the websites of the actual hotels).

If you check the Marriott's website you'll see a rate of $269/nite for 12/5-12/7; while a reate of $239/nite for 12/7-12/9. This is an indication that it may take a higher bid for the first half of your stay (and with Priceline this means a higher bid for all of your nites if you bid them together) or no availability at all for those nites (which would mean all bids, no matter how high, would be rejected if bidding the nites together).

Knowing this information can then lead to further thoughts of 'waiting it out' and hoping for prices to fall or, as you did, make alternate plans for certain nites and/or splitting your bid.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]