Hotwire Hotel: When to book?

WildZiggy
By WildZiggy,
in

Hi,

I am searching for a hotel in NYC (Times Square area) for Nov 13-17. I need HS Internet or would prefer at least 4 stars so I at least have a modem port. I found a 4 1/2 star hotel on HW but the price is pretty high ($224). Now if I search for next week, the price drops dramatically. Am I searching too far in advance?

I tried Priceline based on what people paid here for 4star hotels in that area and all my bids -- some for much more than successful bids noted on this site, where rejected.

So my question is, does anyone know if there is a "better" time to bid on PL or buy on HW? I thought HW in advance would be preferential, but so far it looks like its the opposite. Anyone have any experience regarding this?

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Here are some thoughts on Should I Bid Early or Late to Arrival Date

The most likely scenario regarding your situation is that the date(s) you're seeking have higher demand than is typical during this time. This could be due to higher occupancy expectations as a result of the holiday season approaching, a convention in town, etc... but the net result is higher prices. If you're seeing higher than typical prices on Hotwire, chances are you'll need a higher than typical bid on Priceline.

I don't know the reason for this trip, but why limit yourself to just the Times Square zone? Would you consider other midtown locations as well? (this may greatly increase your chances)

I'd be happy to supply a suggested Priceline bidding strategy if you supply your previously rejected bids and your bidding limit.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My previous Priceline bids (sorry I deleted the emails already) were 4 bids ranging from $90 up to $140 for a 4 star in the Times Square area (I think it's midtown east on Priceline). I've been trying about a week now. I've seen other people had bids for less accepted and was kind of bummed when mine - up to $140 - was rejected.

I am going to see some broadway shows that weekend so I'd really like to stay in that area and many friends are also staying in that area that weekend as well. I have done some research and I cannot find any conventions or particular reasons for that weekend being high... it's right before high season (Thanksgiving) seems to start from what I've seen. I need HS Internet or at least a modem port (hence the 4 star) so I can logon to work and do homework for my online courses while I'm there (bleh).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]