Priceline Hotel: 4* Honolulu (Waikiki North) Hawaii Prince Hotel

defjeff1124
By defjeff1124,
in

Hi! I'm a rookie travel-bidder who needs a little bidding help and/or advice. Specifically, I'm looking for a 4* hotel in Waikiki. My MAX is in the neighborhood of $170-180. I will be staying there 4 nights, July 27-31. My last 2 attempts to bid have all failed. Here is what I have tried:

Attempt #1:

-Waikiki South, bid $115, rejected.

-Added Waikiki North, bid $120, rejected.

Attempt #2:

-Waikiki South, bid $125, rejected.

-Added Waikiki North, bid $130, rejected.

Before I start to up the bidding closer towards my max, I would like any and all advice. Also, does bidding for 4* include resorts within the parameters? I was under the impression that bidding for a resort does not guarantee a nice resort, just a hotel that includes resort type amenities.

Thanks for the help!

P/L finally accepted my last bid:

Re-bid $135, added Honolulu City Center, rejected.

Re-bid $140, added Honolulu Airport, accepted.

I will be staying at the Hawaii Prince Hotel in Waikiki North. Current prices for those dates on the Hawaii Prince website were in the neighborhood of $209. Pretty satisfied with my price, though I think I should have bid less or waited another day to re-bid. I will repost when I get back to share my experiences there with everyone.

Have to say, this bulletin board has been a great help. There is also another bulletin board out there that was semi-helpful. I say "semi" because it wasn't as helpful as this one. Thanks! :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]