Priceline Hotel: help needed Dublin 7/20-26

Tuuli
By Tuuli,
in

Couldn't find hotel listing for Dublin.

Can anyone tell if city center south or city center northwould be a nicer option for a couple in late thirties (shopping, restaurants, sightseeing) and if I can find in thsi forum a list of Dublin hotels and/of Priceline winning bids.

It seems no one on this forum has reported a successful bid for Dublin. You could take a look at Priceline and Hotwire's vacation packages for Dublin to see possible, although not certain, hotel candidates. The UK and Ireland, outside of London and a couple other places, don't seem so great for Priceline. Sorry I can't advise on the best location. I'd take a look at some guidebooks and see where their recommended hotels are located, and then work from there.

Dublin city centre south is a much better bet than north. Although there are some good shops and restaurants in the north city centre, the southside is where most of the upscale shops and hotels are based. I have seen listings for the Radisson SAS as cc south, but this is pretty far out of town and calling it city centre is a bit of a stretch. Berkeley Court is also listed but this is about 2 miles out of town.

I have also seen the Westin listed as cc north (it's actually on the south side of the river). It's 5 star, and a great hotel if you get a good rate.

I would be cautious using priceline if you really want a hotel right in the centre of things.

Try the Jury's hotels website for all pricepoints, many of which are well located (for location you won't beat the Westbury) Further out Bewley's hotel does a 99 eur rate and it's a decent enough hotel. Other centrally located hotels are the Fitzwilliam (right at the top of Grafton St), Brooks hotel, Brownes townhouse St Stephens Green (http://www.brownesdublin.com/). Hotels can be pricey in Dublin, but you can get some bargains if you shop around.

Joanna

After years of me telling him of the savings to be had, a friend of mine recently won his first Priceline room - and it was for Dublin! I've been meaning to get the details posted; I will suggest he joins us here and posts the full details, or tells me so that I can - but meanwhile, what I remember:

It was an upgrade to 5*, having bid

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]