Priceline Hotel: NYC thru Priceline - May 7th to 14th

irishchick
By irishchick,
in

Hello there - I'm new to bidding and need some help.

I will have to bid through priceline.co.uk as I live in Europe. I would like a nice hotel in NYC from May 7th to 14th inc. 4*/5* if possible - for around 200 dollars per night - if possible.

Perhaps you could give me some help.

Many thanks

The two rebid zones are UES and UWS.

If I do split my stay - perhaps you could tell me from a financial perspective which would be best. By the way I'm now arriving on May 6th and leaving on the 14th - so 8 nights accomodation needed.

so would 4 = 4 be the best split or just split the weekend out?

many thanks to all the helpful people here.

C

If I do split my stay - perhaps you could tell me from a financial perspective which would be best. By the way I'm now arriving on May 6th and leaving on the 14th - so 8 nights accomodation needed.

so would 4 = 4 be the best split or just split the weekend out?

It all depends on the hotel rates. Some are cheaper for the first 2 and last 2 nights, others are cheaper the last 4 nights.

You may want to give the following a try for your entire stay (all in US$):

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone1 (UES)...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone2 (UWS)...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $185, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $185, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $200.

• 3 weeks later...

Have you tried the strategy for different dates or just the whole stay?

If not, that would be my next step.

Also have you considered staying in New Jersey? That may be easier to win within your budget. You could look for something near Jersey Gardens if you are a shopper.

What are the best conventional rates you have seen for your stay? Have you looked at Hotwire?

Do you plan in spending the 8 days in the city? IS there anywhere you need to be near?

Personally I would want to have something organised for the first couple of nights before I landed. You can use the Betterbidding link to Hilton and they have a variety of hotels available at reasonable prices - Hilton Garden Inn Times Square and Hampton TS North both get good reviews and the Doubletree Metropolitan is also priced at around your limit for Priceline bid. Book as a back up and then continue bidding is my advice. Don't panic but be sure to have a decent fall back just in case the Priceline option does not give you the bargain you were looking for.

Good luck

At this point in time, you'll be paying a premium to stay in the same hotel for the entire stay. You may want to consider splitting your dates to stay within your budget.

Hotwire currently has:

May 7 - 9

4* Midtown Central

(Restaurant, Fitness, Business)

$150

You could try for this on Priceline by bidding $125-145 for 4* MTW.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 9 - 13

The Beekman tower is available for $188.

You'll have a 1 bedroom suite with a kitchen.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hotwire currently has:

May 13 - 14

3* Times Square - Customer Favorite

(Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Business)

$187

OK _ Things are looking up again! I have a bed.

Thanks to the suggestion above - this is what I did this morning (I upped the suggested price a bit)

For 6-9 May

Selected 4* MTW...

Bid $140, rejected added re-bid zone1...UES

Bid $150, rejected added re-bid zone2...UWS

Bid $160, rejected

Selected 4* MTE...

Bid $140 - ......................................and then they gave me the chance to up the price by 22 dollars - which I did and got the Grand Hyatt - 3 nights 162 dollars per night - not so bad

And then------as luck would have it - they asked if I would like to extend my stay to the 12th at the same price - I said yes------but then they came back and said no room at the Inn for that price and they kindly offered it to me for 322 dollars, which I swiftly turned down.

Went back into the site then and started bidding

Selected 4* MTE...

Bid $140, rejected added re-bid zone1...UES

Bid $150, rejected added re-bid zone2...UWS

Bid $160, rejected

So, I would be very obliged if I could have some strategy to get the Hyatt again for 9-13 for circa 200 bucks.

I will book the Beekman for these dates as back up.

Thanks to all here for helping me find a bed!

Irishchick

Glad to see you have somewhere to stay when you arrive.

What you got was a counter offer and you can usually do better by ignoring the offer and just adding a third to half of the difference between your previous offer and their offer price. $150-$155 would probably have worked but hey you have somewhere nice to stay at a reasonable price. This may help for future bids.

Are you not keen to move from MTE to MTW? If you are ok with taking this chance you could bid on MTW with the 2 rebid zones and CPS (this is normally more expensive but there is a chance you could win something in this area) and then do a bid with MTE, MTW and then add your rebid zones (and CPS if you want).

Otherwise just wait your 24 hours and rebid a bit higher. At least you have till the 9th to work something out.

Good luck

So, I would be very obliged if I could have some strategy to get the Hyatt again for 9-13 for circa 200 bucks.

I will book the Beekman for these dates as back up.

You will want to book the Beekman ASAP, as it may not be available to book closer to your dates. It is only a mile away from the Grand Hyatt and you can cancel up to 72 hours before check-in.

Second, you should check the rates to see how much you will need to bid for a star level. The rates at the Grand Hyatt are fairly high, so you won't be staying there under $200 for the remainder of your stay.

Room Type: Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday

Guestroom 359.00 359.00 359.00 239.00

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]