Hotwire Hotel: 4 star -south strip hotel 6/30/06-7/03/06

nycxandrew
By nycxandrew,
in

Hi I have been browsing around, and need some help. From what I have read, it seems like the 4 star south strip hotel is most likely MGM Grand.

But I want to stay at the West Wing Tower rooms, would i be able to choose that from using Hotwire.com? Also I have been using the rate checker feature, but for MGM Grand for the weekend I am going it is about 189.99/ night for west wing rooms.

Is it better for me to wait a while and book directly with MGM's site later on, are the rates usually lower around the weekend I am going?

Or should I book something asap?

If you only want a specific wing than you would probably be best booking direct (i'm not sure which wing Hotwire customers are assigned to). How does the rate directly thru the MGM Grand compare to Hotwire's price... is the West wing worth that much extra to you?

Rates thru the hotel's website should be cancellabe so at the very least i would book that now and then you can cancel/re-book if rates come down between now and then OR you find alternate plans.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thanks for your quick reply,

Well assuming this is definitely MGM Grand, the price on Hotwire is very good, approx 151/ night.

The cheapest rooms on MGM are going for about 179.99/ night and the West Wing rooms are 189.99.

So it is a pretty good savings. I did call MGM , and they let me hold the west wing room for that rate in case it does go up.. so I am goign to see if their price drops at all , but otherwise, the savings are too good to pass up on that hotwire price.

I guess I will let you guys know what happens.

thanks!

well MGM placed the room on a courtesy hold for a few weeks for me , so I didnt have to leave a CC on file or anything, So I am not forced to book with them.

The description of MGM and LUXOR is so similiar, i stayed at luxor, before, but just really prefer MGM

I guess that is why I am a lil hesitant as well.

• 3 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]