Hotwire Hotel: 3* Boston (Common-Theatre District) Park Plaza

Kitty
By Kitty,
in

Hi, I need help identifying a 2.5* listed on Hotwire for the Back Bay-Copley Square area.

its $129 per night September 12-15. its listed amenities are ;

Airport shuttle

Fitness centre

Complimentary breakfast

the description says; 'Bustling area brimming with shopping, art galleries, restaurants and nightlife. 5 miles to Logan Airport; Easy "T" transit access'

I've checked the other listing but they don't show any for 2.5* in that area. Has anybody got any ideas? I thoughtit might be the midtown, but that has a pool.

Many thanks!

Welcome!

The 2.5* level isn't bid on or purchased frequently for this area in Boston.

At first glance, I'd assume the hotel is located near the medical center in the Southeast corner of the Back Bay area. These hotels usually provide an airport shuttle.

I don't have much time, but I'd assume you can do better for these dates, such as the Holiday Inn Select - Gov't Center for approx. $139 on EasyClickTravel.

Let us know what you are looking to do and we'll assist you further.

Hi!

thanks very much for your superfast reply!

I'm easy in terms of the hotel we are looking at. We have never been to Boston before so I really don't know a whole lot about it. The main thing is that our hotel be not too expensive, but in a good location (isn't that what every one wants!:)) Like I say, I don't know Boston at all, but I think we really want to be in the Back Bay area, or as close to it as pssible. but then again, if there are good link to the centre, that would be ok too.

I've just been checking out that site you recommended & they seem pretty cheap! thanks!

It seems bad but we need to keep the Boston hotels fairly cheap as we are going to spend the weekend in New York & I'm certain we'll be stung there!

thanks again, for such a great response!

I've just been looking on Hotwire again & found this;

3 Star in the Cambridge-Charles River area for $90 a night. (instead of $155)

its amenities are listed as;

Restaurant

Pool

Fitness Centre

Business centre

high speed internet access

this is what is says;

'This midscale establishment offers more than just the basics in style, comfort and customer service'

I've just done a bit of research & I think it could be the Hyatt Regency (575 MEMORIAL DRIVE

CAMBRIGE, MA). I can't really find anyother hotel that matches this description, what do you think? Its listed everywhere as a 3 star, but on the pinned list of this site, it has it as a 3.5(previously 4). Are there any other hotels that fit this description more?

thanks again!

Another quick update:

I doubt the 3* in Cambridge is the Hyatt. The problem with lower star properties in the "cambridge" area is that it includes some near Soldiers Field Road in Boston (shown on the HW map north of I-90 & south of the Charles river) which lacks subway service.

There is a 3* Customer Favorite in Boston Common/Theater for $104 (Restaurant, Fitness, High-speed Internet, Business). You could try priceline to hopefully save another $10-25/night (if not more). Being in this area gives you good access to the subway and other tourist areas. If you want to try for this on priceline, let us know.

the 3 * in cambride for $90 has now disapeared, & thanks, I was worried that I would be so far out wit hno easy way to get into the centre.

As for the 2.5* in Copley Square-Back Bay, yup, its still there, $129 per night. but on the advoce recieved , I'm not going to go for that one now.

I was looking at the Sheraton Newton, which I can get via hotwire (thanks to this wonderful site helping me id it!:)) for $79. But I don't think it will be easy to get to the centre for us, as we are not hiring a car. Does anyone know if there is a close T stop to the Sheraton Newton?

Regarding the 3* Customer Favorite in Boston Common/Theater for $104 (Restaurant, Fitness, High-speed Internet, Business), this is now $190! looks like I missed a good deal !

Am going to have a good look on Priceline & the other site you recommended (Easyclicktravel),

thanks very, very much for your help, I really do appreciate it!

I was looking at the Sheraton Newton, which I can get via hotwire (thanks to this wonderful site helping me id it!:)) for $79. But I don't think it will be easy to get to the centre for us, as we are not hiring a car. Does anyone know if there is a close T stop to the Sheraton Newton?
Skip it. It's located directly over a highway and unless you have a car, the only public transportation that I'm aware of is the bus - not the T subway.

Thanks!

I've just done a bit more research I came to the same conclusion!

Arrrrgh! Am ready to scream now! I just spent all afternoon researching about Priceline, working out my bid strategy & the nI just discovered as a UK resident I can't book USA hotels!! arrgh! Priceline Europe doesn't recognise any USA destinations! grr!

Well, guess I'll just have to scour hotwire again!

thanks for your help

hi there !

well, thanks very, very much for all your help, Just letting you know, we booked this morning, on the advice from this board, (via savings barn link!:));

3-star hotel in Boston Common - Theatre District

Customer Favourite

Restaurant, Business centre, Fitness Centre & internet access.

$100 per night.

We read everything & booked it thinking it was going to be the Doubletree, but were very pleasantly surprised to find that its The Boston Park Plaza Hotel & Towers.

This is on your list already, but it now is showing as a customer favourite, in case you want to update your list!

thanks very, very much for all your help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]