Hotwire Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) InterContinental The Barclay

loveaustralianshepherds
By loveaustralianshepherds,
in

Hi,

I am brand new to using Priceline and Hotwire and Message Boards, so I'm a little nervous (I spent a couple hours reading these boards so I hope I'm following the guidelines for posting).

I am looking for a 4*or better NYC hotel for 2 people for 4 nights, 4/19-4/23. I have stayed at the Westin Times Square, The Muse, Le Parker Meridien, and have liked those hotels. I prefer the Midtown area--West, Times Square, Central. A gym would be an added plus. I am willing to pay about $260/night without tax. Any suggestions? I'll follow up with the results. Wish me luck!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You should be able to get something for these dates within your stated budget.

However, to begin, please look at the zones as defined by priceline... essentially you're looking at MTE, MTW, and UM/CPS... is a hotel in any of these areas acceptable to you? If not, which zones are acceptable?

Let us know and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When bidding 4* in NYC you have two re-bid zones avaialble. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE...

Select 4* MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and MTE...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175.

If the above is rejected DON'T get discouraged as the above does start a little low "just to make sure"... if rejected just post back and we'll revise the strategy in order for you to try again in 24 hours.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You posted the above Hotwire hotels while i was typing the reply above... please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread; if you ultimately use Hotwire we'll then move this entire thread over to that section of the board.

You can almost certainly beat those Hotwire rates above thru Priceline... did you want to try to do so or is price not that important?

Regarding the Hotwire properties above, as per our HOTWIRE HOTEL LIST the MTC property is a match for the Helmsley Park Lane and the MTE property is a match for the Inter-Continental Barcaly so that would be our best guess for each.

Let us know if you take one of the above or give Priceline a try.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]