Hotwire Hotel: San Juan Feb. 23-25

sunlover
By sunlover,
in

Hi Sunlover,

I think I recognise you as a person who posted on a www.cruisecritic.com looking for some advise as to how to go about learning about Priceline. If I'm right you're probably used to booking cruises way, way ahead but remember Priceline and Hotwire are non-refundable so you have to be very sure that you will be travelling.

My suggestion would be to do as Thereuare says and bump this thread a bit later on.

I've had quite a bit of success booking early ( about 4 months ahead or so) but others will have different ideas.

In the meatime, may I suggest you familiarise yourself with all the information on the home page of this site. Particularly the General Priceline and Hotwire tips.

Thereuare, I hope yopu don't mind my jumping in on this one

I was wondering if you can go by the symbols like (umbrella) for resort on priceline to pick a new zone when trying to get a "free" bid??? I have noticed a few zones do not have the umbrellas for San Juan area, but in the descriptions of the hotels at least one in every zone, says Resort, but has no umbrella symbol located by the zone. Hope this is not confusing! Sorry! I just don't want to pick a new zone that has no umbrella, but has a resort in it because it says resort in the description. Thank you!

From Priceline Re-Bidding Explained:

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process. It is important to do this before EACH attempt at adding a zone that you really don't want, as new hotels can be added and the star ratings can change at any time.
(notice the bolded comment)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 6 months later...

Once you move forward or decide to not go, please follow-up that post as nobody will know to look here to see if you (potentially) have cancelled your plas.

Please only post once your plans are firm... the hotel you asked about in the Niagara Falls thread may not even be offered by the time you know the weather forcast and are ready to commit.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]