Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (NMA-Water Tower-Gold Coast) Ambassador East

Cholly
By Cholly,
in

Hi. This is my first post. I'm so glad I found this site. Thanks for all of the great information.

It looks like this is a bad time to find a 4* hotel. I attempted to bid the past 2 nights using the advice I read in other posts. Tonight I bid up to $105. I don't know if I should increase the bid or settle for a 3*. Any suggestions.

Thanks,

Cholly

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Whether to raise your bid or lower your star rating is one of personal preference... based upon what type of hotels you're accustomed to staying in and your budget.

What is your maximum bid for a 4*? How about your maximum bid for a 3*? How much more would you be willing to pay for a 4* vs. a 3*?

Let us know the above and we will be in a better position to offer advice.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I prefer to stay in a 4*. I guess my max bid is $125. It's hard to say because I have to get a room during that time anyway! I'm sad because I know that during other times it's possible to get a much lower bid. So now I guess the question is:

Is it possible to get a 4* at this time for $125 or less. I'd rather not think about the 3*. :)

Based upon your $125 maximum and previously rejected bids:

Two re-bids available at the 4* level, If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Loop...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* NMA...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Loop and NMA...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125.

If the above fails, is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

I did also find the Hilton Palmer House for $158 which, if you only want a 4*, you may want to book as a cancellable back-up (cancellable up until 72 hours before your check-in date)

Let us know how it goes and/or your thoughts on the above.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I attempted the strategy listed above, accessing Priceline through savingsbarn.com. I bid up to $125 as above. All bids were rejected. :)

In the next 24 hours, I will consider splitting the bid and reserve the Palmer House. I'll follow up on any re-bids. Thanks for the help!

Man, I blew it. I found a 4* on Hotwire, using savingsbarn.com, for $187/night.\, with restaurant, biz center, hi speed internet, fitness center. It turned out to be Ambassador East Hotel. Rooms are available and rates are less than $187. :) I did try several places: W, House of Blues, Palmer House, etc. and found no availability. I'm not sure what my lesson is here, but I'm so glad I found this site!

Ambassador East is a very nice hotel in a pleasant part of town. Michigan Ave. shopping isn't far, nor is a subway station to head all the way downtown.

Since the Ambassador East is $179 on the hotel website, I would go to the Hotwire website and fill out a double-the-difference guarantee.

The details from the website:

Q: How do I qualify for the Double the Difference Guarantee?

A: We work hard to negotiate the lowest possible hotel rates for you. Within 48 hours of booking on Hotwire, if you find a lower price for your entire stay for an equivalent room type in the same hotel on the same dates, we'll refund you double the difference!

A few things to keep in mind when requesting a Double the Difference refund:

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]