Priceline Hotel: Looking for beach recommendations

Brett
By Brett,
in

My fiancee and I are in Orlando for a tradeshow and would like to go to the beach for 4/1-4/3. I have been to Cocoa beach before and know what to expect (although I was in the Navy in the late 90's).

We are looking for suggestions as where to stay. Ideally away from spring break crowds (if it is not over, or if possible).

We have a car rental. Looking for some romance and just a relaxing time. Water temps are fairly the same, SCUBA would be nice but not critical.

Not sure what to look for and do. Ideally looking to spend around $75 (3 or 4 *s), and probably would lean towards getting a better hotel room for the money, maybe beach side.

Have been thinking of Cocoa Beach, and Clearwater Beach, possibly going south to Sarasota upon a recommendation.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

I would start by seeing what Hotwire has in the areas you are looking for. Then check regular travel websites for prices in those areas to get a feel for rates. I did a quick check for Sarasota area on Hotwire and the rates are quite high (not surprising this time of year). Near beach -- 3.5* for $332 and 3* for $227.

What should I expect.

The Holiday Inn Website lists a room for $166/night on their website. They show availability.

The Double Tree Shows Availability and Net rates of $138/night

The Hilton shows availability and $188 a night.

I have enough points with holiday inn for one night free, so I would pay for one night at 166, the other free so it would cost me (not considering the free night a costs) 83/night.

Can I get the hotels cheaper than this and be on the waterfront? They all say waterfront.

Looking to Stay 4/1-4/3. Sat and Sun. nights.

Reverse EasyClickTravel says $81 a night for Holiday Inn, and $88 a night for Hilton.

So it seems like currently your best deal is the $81 thru EasyClickTravel? (and save your points for a free nite someplace else?)

At the 3* level you have two re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Cocoa Beach...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Cocoa Beach and re-bid zone2...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $70.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Agreed...we rented a condo two years ago, we liked Cocoa Beach. BTW, Hotwire is showing a 3* best value for your dates of travel @ $94 per night with the following amenities:

Restaurant

Pool

Fitness Center

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Laundry Facilities

This has not been identified yet, good luck!

• 5 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]