Hotwire Hotel: downtown

ros
By ros,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

what's being offered downtown for the last weekend of this month

What dates are you talking about... Oct 31-Nov 2, October 24-26, only one of the days of the weekend, etc? If you post the check-in/check-out dates we'll be happy to help.

Also, are you staying downtown for some specific event in the area? It's fine, but not really a prefered zone for tourists. This was written for Priceline, but can also be applied to Hotwire: NYC Zone Descriptions

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'll be there the 31st to the 2nd. When I'm speaking of downtown, I mean the village, soho, tribeca....maybe the financial district if absolutely necessary....and no holiday inn in china town....rooms are like cells. I know there's not a lot out there 3.5 and above. What are my chances?

Since Hotwire shows you prices, your first step should be to do a Hotwire search for your dates there. The problem you have is that both Priceline and Hotwire work in zones, and the lower manhattan zone covers both the village, soho, tribecca and the financial area... so therefore is no way to target only one section of that zone. However, you can take a chance and try to figure out the hotel beforehand by using the lists here.

I did a search for your dates and the hotels in that area start at $200 and go up to $350... are you looking to spend that much?

Are you aware that this is NYC Marathon Weekend (which is why rates are so high).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the tip about the weekend. I had no idea. My dates, however, are set in stone. I would be delighted to obtain a room for 200 to 250 per night. I'd better nail this down today. Thanks for the advice. I might be better off using one of my hotel preferred memberships. Again thanks for your time.

This hotel is right in front of Groud Zero... don't know if that bothers you or not.

I don't know if you're a taxi or subway person, but i think the C and E subway lines run right near this hotel, which can easily take you up to Spring St in the Soho area (and W. 4th in the Village). If taking taxis i wouldn't expect them to be waiting for you in the area, but shouldn't be too bad. If more than 2 staying in a room, i'd also look into the Embassy Suites down there which isn't as convenient to the subway but would likely give you more space. Saw rate on their website at $197. The ES is a fairly new hotel, and the Millenium was recently remodeled and re-opened (after the events of 9/11).

At the Hilton's website i saw the Hilton Millenium for your dates, pre-paid/non-refundable as low as $169, which seem pretty good for this weekend.

No matter, expect the city to be crowded this weekend.

Have a great trip and let us know if we can be of any further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]