Hotwire Hotel: 4* 5/5 - 7, 2006 North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast

kathleen08
By kathleen08,
in

I am looking for 4 rooms 5/5 - 5/7. Trying all kinds of sources. Found the following on hot wire:

4-star hotel in North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast (Downtown Areas)

$203

customer favorite

Amenities:

Restaurant

Fitness Center

High-speed internet access

Business Center

Thoughts on what hotel this is?

Thanks!

This matches the Ambassador East, the Drake, and the Westin so any one of these three woudl be our best guess.

However, is this a good price relative to other prices you've been seeing? I haven't looked at rates for these specific dates, but just off the cuff it does seem expensive unless there is some event (like a large conference) in town.

If this is a serious possibility for you let me know and i'll try to see if can be narrowed down between the three above.

Let us know whatever you decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The restaurant show kicks off on 5/7 (35,000 expected attendees, compared to 30,000 hotel rooms in the city), so the I expect the city to be sold out 5/7, 8, 9, 10. But am hopeful to find some deals for the weekend. I suspect hotels will be busier than normal, but maybe deals closer to the date (at least I hope).

Tried priceline today (through savings barn), starting with North Michigan Avenue 4*, and then rebidding with other areas (that don't have 4* hotels). Bids rejected at $85, $100 and $145.

The best I have been able to find as a back-up is the Embassy Suites Chicago (511 N Columbus) for $229. I think we will book that for a back up/cancelable, and see if we can find any better deals in a few weeks. Most other comparable hotels are $250 - $350 (House of Blues, Fairmont, Four Points, Omni, Sheraton Hotel & Towers). So, yes, $203 is better, but not a hot deal. :)

Thanks for this site - I thought I knew how to work the system, but I've learned a few new tricks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]