Priceline Hotel: 4-star in downtown Indianapolis

five-o
By five-o,
in

Last year, I studied this forum and bagged a 4-star (omni severin) in downtown Indy on my first try at $65. This year, I need the same deal for a specific trip and I'm having no luck. I started out with downtown @ $65=rejected. I waited 24+ hours and tried again at increasing amounts while increasing the zones (up to $85) and still rejected.

Any suggestions? I really must have a central downtown hotel to be near the RCA Dome. I'm only picking 4-star because, from this forum, it's my belief that this will ensure downtown.

Thanks

I'm only picking 4-star because... it's my belief that this will ensure downtown

You ensure a downtown location by choosing the downtown zone, not by the number of stars. If on the otherhand you mean that you're only choosing 4* because the hotel list implies that all the 4* hotels reported thus far will be near the RCA Dome, i'll preface any bidding strategy that the Priceline Hotel List only contains hotels that have been reported on the board... there could always be others not yet reported and you could be the first to add a new hotel to the lists (assuming you report you win, since you didn't last year :))

Let us know if you are willig to accept any 4* property in the Downtown zone and we'll suggest a strategy to follow. If you do want to move forward, what is your maximum bid?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok - Ok I get it. I'm a bad member - hopefully getting better. I did not post last year because my results were exactly what others had reported and no new ground was broken.

We are going to be accompanying our daughter's band to Indianapolis for a national competition, so we truly need immediate downton only, adjacent to the RCA Dome. Because of this, I'll spend up quite a bit, if necessary (but last year - getting a 189.00 room for 65 was too sweet).

I will probably go over 100 if necessary. I gues I'll have to wait 24 hrs between bids and simply increase the amount by $10 each day.

Thanks for the advice/help - and good-natured ribbing.

I did not post last year because my results were exactly what others had reported and no new ground was broken.
Posting your results, even if no new ground was broken, helps others see the frequency of which hotels are awarded; so all posts are helpful in some fashion.

If you can't accept any 4* hotel in the area then you are taking a risk by using priceline. You may know the area better than I and know that all possible 4* hotels are near the RCA Dome, but i don't think that should be an assumption unless you know the area very well.

It's also recommended to DON"T BID HIGHER FOR A SPECIFIC HOTEL.

You may want to at least have a look at Hotwire where you may have a better chance to identify the hotel beforehand (and thus have an educated guess regarding the location).

Let us know how you want to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I need 4* in downtown. I'd be happy with any of the documented 4* hotels in downtown as everything listed everywhere I've looked that's 4* is one of the downtown hotels connected to the RCA dome (or a block or two away). I'm willing to pay more to meet this objective.

What should I do now? Hotwire, wait 24/72 etc. on priceline . . . Thanks again for your advice

I'm not sure if you're "getting it" so i'm just going to stop warning you that you could receive a 4* hotel anywhere in the selected zone.

Did you do a search on Hotwire as suggested to see if there was anything there of interest?

When was your last rejected bid? What is your maximum bid?

Hotwire prices appear to be near advertised retail (169+). My last rejected bid was about 23 hours ago at 85.00. I'd go to 100.00, I guess. Should I wait 72 hrs and start over. Has there been a change out there recently that would make what was so easy before this difficult now?

Thanks

Perhaps you are booking too far in advance. If location is that important, I would find the best rate through the hotel directly or on-line which allows you to cancel. Wait a month or two and check the prices on Hotwire again, or bid at Priceline and see what happens. If you find a good deal, take it and cancel your reservation. Check to see if there is anything major going on in town during the dates you want to stay. If not, the prices will probably drop. I just booked a 4* in downtown Indi on Hotwire at the Westin for $102 for June...so you must be either running into a more popular time or are just booking too far in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Take it from a pro Downtown Indy Priceline Bidder:

Bid 3* $36-$37. You will either get the Radisson or the Hilton (more than likely the Hilton at that rate).

The Hilton is much better than any 4* downtown, hands down.

But they are right, you are probably bidding too far out. You might have to wait until a month or even the week of, to be honest!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]