Priceline Hotel: Help

dolphin89
By dolphin89,
in

Rates seem high for this time period (as NYC has been lately for the holiday season). You don't mention the star rating or price you're expecting to pay, so i'm posting a strategy of what i think it would take for 4*, if that's more than you wanted to spend or you want to try for a lower quality level, post back and i'll add some additional info:

Select Nov 28-30

Select 4* MTW and bid $95, if rejected

add MTE and bid $110

add UM/CPS and bid $120

add MTS and bid $130

add re-bid zone and bid $140

If the above fails, you can immediately try again for Nov 27-29, but i think you have a better chance with the first set of dates. I couldn't tell from your original post if Nov 29-Dec 1 was an option or not, so i assumed it wasn't. If you're rejected with the first set of dates (28-30) feel free to post back if you want to try higher prices for the next set of dates (but i wouldn't necessarily do that just yet as you have plenty of time to bid between now and then)

Feel free to ask any questions and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

In an email, i was advised of the follwing regarding this bid:

Zones: MTW and UM/CPS

Bid Limit: $120

Star Rating: 4*

Based upon this new information, i would proceed as follows:

4* MTW bid $95, if rejected

add UM/CPS and bid $110, if rejected

add re-bid zone and bid $120

Once again, i'd try the Nov. 28-30 dates first, and if that is rejected, switch to variations of your other dates. You also mentioned an alternative period, and within that timeframe i think the best chance is for Nov. 9-11.

I'm doubtful any of the above bids will be high enough for the UM/CPS zone, but at least it gives you the option of using it as a re-bid opportunity.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]