Hotwire Hotel: 4* in Maui Ka'anapali

Pizan
By Pizan,
in

Priceline hotel search shows "the Whaler" as a resort in Ka'anapali area. I've yet to see a post for a win with the Whaler, typically sheraton or Hyatt (sheraton seems more prevalent for bids that are afteer June 2006 at this point). I am fine with Sheraton, westin or Hyatt (prefer Hyatt but as said above they appear to have not released rooms to PL that far away yet). Sheraton was on HW 2 days ago for 190 (today showing 255) and Hyatt has been 292 for past week.

Priceline shows there retail site selling the whaler at 204. I am hesitant to bid for Ka'anapali resorts on PL for my dates when the retail side of PL is showing the Whaler listed as a resort. Anyone heard of a whaler win yet on PL for Ka'anapali resort bids?

thanks

sorry omitted my dates of travel. 10/6-9 in Ka'anapali and 10/9-10/13 wailea (going with 4 seasons unless GW shows up on HW again - laast post showed GW in late 2005 -seen no mention of it since then)

trip is starting in oahu (10/3-10/6) for visits to PH, DH and waikiki beach. Looking at aston beachside (118 retail) and laying around bidding for JW Marriott in Ihilani (staying under 180/nght - not likely but worth a shot with time onmy side right now). HW has the aston at 110 but for cancel puroses I will pay the extra 8 at this point. Notsure if I wantto risk PL bids at this point the beachside website really shows decent looking rooms for the $ and with a comp brkfst it sounds like a nice place.

thanks again for any input

The 'retail service' and 'name your own price service' use two different databases of hotels... there is a LOT of overlap, but just because a property shows up in the retail service doesn't mean it's available for the opaque service.

Many in your situation before have seen the Whaler show up as cheapest in the category (on the retail side) and when bidding on thru the opaque service have not won it, implying that this hotel does not participate in the opaque service. HOWEVER, things can and do change, so you could always be the first to report this property appearing in the opaque side of things.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

hotwire just put a 4* condo up at a great 155 price. i can't find a match on the hotel match, can anyone help.

Beachfront, studio, kitchenette, restaurant, pool, daily housekeeping, a/c, fitness center, 24hr desk, high speed internet, children activities, tennis nearby, laundry facilities

is this the Westin Ocean Villa?

has this property been offered to date?

yea, the other thread is the priceline side of this vacation search (10yr anniversary trip). 10/3-10/6 in oahu, 10/6-10/9 ka'anapali, 10/9-10/13 wailea.

in ka'anapali I've looked into all 3 (4 actually) of the main resorts - Hyatt, Sheraton, Westin, Weestin Ocean Villa. Started with WOV as my primary choice and was scared away based on some of the Tripadvisor reviews. The property looks beautiful on every website I've seen with nice rooms and relatively close to Black Rock. Hyatt seems like the best but it has consistantly been over 300 w/taxes. The sheraton has been going for 175-200 on PL and now this 4*condo popped up at 155 on HW last night. If this is the westin OV I am very tempted too book (HW fee was almost nonexistant as final price was only $4-5 over the 11.41% hawaii tax rate). This buy seems like a great value that I doubt can be beat. If anyone has any negative comments on The WESTIN OCEAN VILLA please let me know - i believe it to be fairly equal with the Sheraton ( i also understand that starwoods policy on stay at one, play at all no longer includes pool sharing between resorts, correct?). My wife and I are most interested in beatiful beach and clear water to enjoy for the greater part of our trip - looking at this as a 2nd honeymoon.

thanks again for all this sites help and everyones willingness to comment/help each other.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. If a different service is used than where the post currently resides we'll then move it to that section of the forum.

The above appears to be a match for the ResortQuest Kaanapali Shores and that would be my best guess as to this property's identification.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]