Chicago to Lisbon, Madrid, Barcelona, or Marseille

Tom from Chicago
By Tom from Chicago,
in

Hi everyone,

I'll be quitting my job in early July and heading off to law school in mid-August. I know it's not a good time at all for airfares, but I'd like to spend a week or two in Madrid and/or Barcelona and/or Marseille and/or Lisbon. Here's what I've found so far:

Using the Price Checker on this forum (I tried 7/10/06 - 7/20/06 to avoid the weekend rush), the best deals are all around $1,000, with the lowest being $1,006 on AA/Iberia via Dublin.

Looking around on my own, I can get from ORD to Dublin for $655.40 total on Aer Lingus, and then to Madrid on Spanair for $237.80 (via Travelocity"]Travelocity). This is a total of $893.40.

Ryanair et al. do not seem to work - due to the flight times, I would have to add an extra day on both the outbound and inbound legs. The prices are EUR 99 each way from both Dublin and London Luton/Stansted, so it doesn't look like it would be a great deal, anyways.

Since I'll be off of work, the dates and times are totally flexible. I also love airports (?!), so long Priceline layovers are no problem for me. Any suggestions for bidding on Priceline (or other tips)?

Thanks,

Tom

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]