CA San Francisco Best Western Miyako Inn Cathedral Hill

zbenye
By zbenye,
in

A very nice hotel in a residential area touching Japantown. Rated 2*, but there is a restaurant on site so it deserves to be a 2.5* - if not even 3* since the room was large and nicer than the 2.5* SFO Best Western Grosvenor or the 3* Holiday Inn SFO. There were flight crews checking in when I did, so evidently airlines find this hotel suitable enough.

The spacious room had two full-size beds, a small work desk and chair, a sitting/dining area with a round table and two chairs, a small refrigerator, large TV over a dresser, night stand. Large windows that only open wide enough to get fresh air into the room, but offer spectacular views if you're on a high floor. An alcove with a rack and hangers in place of a closet. Iron and board.

A mid-size split bathroom with towels for three. Soap, shampoo, hair dryer, coffee maker.

The air-conditioner was old but worked fine and did not make too much noise.

The beds were too soft. The sheets were not fitted so by morning it was a mess.

It was very quiet and pleasant. I knew I had neighbors, but couldn't hear a sound.

One phone line. Free 800 calls. Free 30-minute local calls.

Breakfast was not included in the Priceline rate.

Limited pay parking. However, there was plenty of free overnight street parking if you park after 6pm and get going before 9am. Mind the street cleaning signs!

Not all rooms have an Internet connection. It's free, so ask for a room that has it if you need it. Otherwise there's wireless access in the lobby area.

No additional taxes/fees on checkout.

Will gladly stay here again.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]