Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Jersey City) Hyatt Regency on Hudson

Guest md7
By Guest md7,
in

Was a first time visitor here last night.. already a fan of this site! Thanks so much to all users posting their winning bids, and to the administrator.

Made a priceline bid last night for Jersey City Area, that got accepted on first try.

3* hotels showed only had DoubleTree and Hyatt.

Played safe by starting with $75 (really liked the fact that the hotel's so close to PATH).

Now just hoping to get some information on what are the good nearby places for breakfast/dinner, along with a good parking place. I'm planning on reaching Friday afternoon, and leaving Monday late morning.

User cabara's recent post said there's a good spot one PATH station away for $10 a day (on Christopher Columbus Drive, just west of Grove Street). I'm not sure if its a 24 hour parking. I'm not planning on using the car once I reach there. With that in mind, I guess valet parking for $31 might just be my best bet. The car's an Enterprise rental, if it matters.

Ideas anyone?

Thanks again betterbidding!

PS: Missed starting my priceline bid with SavingsBarn.com this time, but will do that surely next time onwards!

I live less than 2 miles from here so can probably help out a bit:

If you don't mind parking on the street send me a PM and i'll give you some directions to some free parking (also remind me in the PM that it's an Enterprise rental as i may have an additional idea). I assume you are not flying into the area? For if you are flying in there is probably little reason to rent a car since this hotel is easily accessible by mass transit.

I've never been for breakfast but you know sometimes you just get a 'feel' that a place would make a great breakfast.. if so a little more than a short walk is La Conguita at 351 GROVE ST. It will help if you speak a little spanish, and be forewarned, the service is bad, even at the counter.

If you're not traveling solo try the Baja for dinner and order "The Baja Special"... ask for all the shrimp to be grilled.

If you're willing to come to Hoboken (5 minutes on the lightrail or 10 minutes via PATH) i'll give you a bunch more places... just let me know if you're traveling alone or with others, budget, and what type of food you like. (your age(s) may help also as Hoboken is a very young demographic... as a recent user once commented about a restaurant i sent him to (and i repeat this often to friends): For the first time i looked around and i was the oldest person in the restaurant and my kids were the youngest!)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]