DEN to OGG Advice

buffettbride
By buffettbride,
in

Hello!

We are hoping to go to Maui in June, but regular airfare is just too high (about $800-$1500 pp). We're thinking about bidding on Priceline for something closer to $500 pp (there are 4 of us).

My main question is Priceline says it guarantees 1 stop only when bidding. I know for certain there are no non-stop from DEN to OGG, and usually the stop is either at LAX, LAS, PHX, or sometimes HNL. If I try to bid this on Priceline, do I run the risk of actually having to stop more than once on the entire trip?

We're travelling with small children and they wouldn't be able to withstand constant plane-changing.

Thanks in advance!!

My main question is Priceline says it guarantees 1 stop only when bidding. I know for certain there are no non-stop from DEN to OGG, and usually the stop is either at LAX, LAS, PHX, or sometimes HNL. If I try to bid this on Priceline, do I run the risk of actually having to stop more than once on the entire trip?

I"m assuming you mean 'more than one stop' each way (and not the entire trip)?

Current when posted from Priceline:

By agreeing to make "up to at least one connection," you could be placed on a flight with either one stop OR one connection, never one connection plus one or more stops. Similarly, if you agree to make up to two connections, you could receive a reservation with one stop AND one connection, or two stops, or two connections.

Do realize that your connection could be up to 3 hours, so not sure if that is something you are willing to accept traveling with small children.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I"m assuming you mean 'more than one stop' each way (and not the entire trip)?

Current when posted from Priceline:

Do realize that your connection could be up to 3 hours, so not sure if that is something you are willing to accept traveling with small children.

I just want to make sure on the flight from Denver to Maui that we only stop or change planes once and same for the way back. Am I reading that correctly. For example, most flights from Denver are Denver to Phoenix/LA/Vegas/San Francisco and then directly to Maui. I wouldn't want to risk flying from Denver and then have 2 stops/plane changes on the way.

The connection time isn't a huge concern for me.

By agreeing to make "up to at least one connection," you could be placed on a flight with either one stop OR one connection, never one connection plus one or more stops. Similarly, if you agree to make up to two connections, you could receive a reservation with one stop AND one connection, or two stops, or two connections.

I interpret this the same way you do... but given that most flights for this route (accordingly to you) have multiple stops/connections, your chances of a priceline deal decline considerably.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]