Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Palm Springs (Rancho Mirage - Palm Desert) Embarc Palm Desert

allybunnie
By allybunnie,
in

Hi & Happy New Year! I am wondering the best way to approach obtaining info/identifying hotels here thru better bidding? ALWAYS had great info help in the past, but haven't really travelled much since the "rona" happened - Looking to try to hit up Palm Desert CA 1/15/2022 for 3 nights. Looking for a really nice hotel without breaking the bank! Is it best for bidding strategies on Priceline? Express Deals? Any suggestions welcomed! Appreciate all that has happened in the past, but I know the travel we all had before has changed so much 

Hi allybunnie,

Happy New Year and good to see you around the board!:smile:

There is no more NYOP Bidding on priceline, so your current options are:
PRICELINE EXPRESS
HOTWIRE
PriceBreakers (new product from priceline, they show you 3 hotels and you're guaranteed to get one of the three)

While travel has been curtailed over the last year, we have not been resting... we just released a bunch of new tools to assist users with researching the hotels from each service (i've listed each below but you can use the 'REVEAL HOTELS' drop down in the header at the top of the page to access in the future):

RevealHotels (Hotwire)

ExpressGuess (Priceline Express)

1of3Guarantee (PriceBreakers)

You didn't mention your budget, but I am seeing:

Embarc Palm Desert for $179/nite over the 3 nites... would this property work for your needs?

(the price drops to $139/nite if you're able to stay Sun-Wed instead of Sat-Tues)

Let us know how you make out with the site(s) above and how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi Thereuare!

Thanks for responding!! 😀 - It's good to see the site is still active! Thanks for the info on the NYOP bidding - I didn't realize it had stopped!! I made a mistake on the arrival day, We were thinking of leaving this Wed 1/12 for the 3 nights, but the pricing jumped almost 100.00 on some of the places I was watching using the new tools you have implemented. That being said, I have flexibility on when we can go, so leaving on Sunday 1/16 or even Monday the 17th is not doable to get better pricing!! 

We have not traveled much so I'm "comfortable" on a budget of $200.00 p/n to get a really nice beautiful stay! I do have to keep in mind that some of these resorts have an added fee p/n resort fee, the Embarc Palm Desert included, but it does look really nice!! 😀 

On 1/7/2022 at 4:49 PM, allybunnie said:

I have flexibility on when we can go, so leaving on Sunday 1/16 or even Monday the 17th is not doable

Did you mean to say you don't have flexibility... or that leaving Sun 1/16 or Monday 1/7 is do-able?

The Embarc Palm Desert does look to be available for 1/12-1/15 for $159 (plus taxes, resort fee, etc)... if you are flexible and can go from 1/11-1/14 the rate drops to $119/nite and is then within your budget even when considering the resort fee; it's the weekend nites that are going to increase the cost.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

On 1/7/2022 at 5:20 PM, thereuare said:

it's the weekend nites that are going to increase the cost.

If you don't need to be there over the weekend i'd focus on Sun-Thur nites (Friday departure is OK) if looking to save money.

Good luck and let us know whatever you decide or how we can be of further help.:smile:

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a great deal at the hotel you were hoping to land... we're happy to have been able to help.:smile:

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Have a great trip!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]