Priceline Hotel: 4* Mallorca (Southwest and Palma) Mariott Resort and Spa

Nounou
By Nounou,
in

Hello,

this will be my second attempt at finding a deal on priceline, after finding a lot of support for my Hawaii trip last year.

Could you please help me by suggesting a bidding strategy for

MTE, MTW, and/or UM/CPS

for a 3 or 4 * from 12th-17th March (checking out on 17th).

My budget is 100 $ max and I have no particular preference among the above mentioned zones (after reading your review on those).

Any suggestion is highly appreciated

I would not mind to split if necessary.

Thanks

Nounou

Not sure if this will work, but you can give it a shot. If you need help identifying the rebid areas, ask before bidding.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

If you are certain that you don't want to go higher than $100, you can then try something like the following. There is only ONE rebid area at the 3* level.

Select 3* MTE...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTW...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* UM/CPS...

Select 3* UM/CPS and MTE...

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* UM/CPS and MTW...

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* UM/CPS, MTW, and MTE...

Bid $100

I don't think it would be necessary to split. If you wanted to try to get a 4* for part of your stay, and a 3* for the remainder, it might work - but the $100 maximum will make it fairly difficult to do so.

The 3* Paramount is relatively cheap for your dates (Standard room $134.10 on Travelocity"]Travelocity), so if you end up bidding on the 3* level, you may end up with this property for all of your dates.

For some reason the savingsbarn link did not work yesterday, so I had to go via priceline directly (actually I think this has happened to me for the second time).

I would have loved to support this site, but I could not afford to wait, as we are leaving today (my NY plans were shattered on

Saturday morning so I only had a couple of hours to work out an alternative). Sorry for that!

I still want to share this info here:

choose 4* 3/12-3/15 (4 nights) superior Southwest and Palma Zone bid 50 $ rejected

added Southwest bid 60$ rejected

closed browser

choose Palma and Northwest bid 71 rejected

added Southwest bid 80 rejected got counteroffer to incease by 22

closed browser started split bid

3/12-13 (2 nights) bid 91 and got it

Your Offer Price: $91.00 , Number of Rooms: 1 , Number of Nights: 2 , Subtotal: $182.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $24.01 , Total Charges: $206.01

then started over

3/14-3/15 (2 nights) bid 85 and got it

Your Offer Price: $85.00 , Number of Rooms: 1 , Number of Nights: 2

Subtotal: $170.00 , Taxes & Service Fees: $22.87 , Total Charges: $192.87

I probably overpaid a few bucks for the first two nights, but with a rack rate of 214 US$ I'm quite satisfied with my deal.

It's not NYC, but it's still much better than staying at home.

Thanks again for all the valuable info on this board

Take Care

Nounou

Hi,

just got back.

Yep, zone is Southwest and Palma (there are no other 4* superiors on Priceline in the other zones).

Above mentioned address is correct.

And yes, It IS the same hotel, one part are time share villas and the other is the hotel (this is the case with most Mariotts)

We had a good time there.

Will share photos at realhotelphotos.com shortly.

Thanks again for your help

Nounou

• 2 years later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]