changes to Hotwire hotel search

coast2coast21
By coast2coast21,
in

it has been pretty easy in recent years to figure out which hotwire hotel you're getting. All you had to do was match up the number of reviews on a hidden hotel to the number of reviews on a standard, non-hidden hotel. Pretty much every hidden hotel had a non-hidden counterpart.

Now, there are barely any non-hidden hotel results.

For example, after I select my filters, there might be 6 hidden hotel results but only 1 (or none) non-hidden results and so I'm unable to match them up to figure out what I'm getting. Before, there would be maybe 5 non-hidden results if there was 6 hidden results.

Basically, everything is a secret rate hotel now with no standard rate hotels.

Is anyone else noticing this?

Been this way for a few weeks.

The HOTWIRE RESEARCH tab of our BiddingHelper.com tool still works well for researching and identifying hotels.

If there is a specific hotel that you're looking at which is not identified feel free to give us the details of your search and the hotel offer you're considering and we'll research it manually.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Could be a whole bunch of reasons, but i didn't really give it much thought as it doesn't effect us at all since our tools and resources (RevealHotelsBiddingHelper, etc) continue to work without any issue.

As well, for our users PRICELINE offered a much better 'regular rate' value than HOTWIRE as:
1) PL VIP rates made most retail bookings cheaper than Hotwire

2) most of our Priceline Coupons also work with retail rates and can be stacked with their VIP savings, often making it the least expensive way to book

For the reasons above, Hotwire choosing to remove retail hotel listings is not a big deal as we still have all of our tools at our disposal and for those interested in regular rate reservations there are better ways to book (PRICELINE VIP rates with our coupons )

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Typically they should be for unlimited use.  The ones that have our name in the coupon ('BB', 'BBid', etc. in them can be used multiple times), others may have their own terms, but i don't see anything for the current FREEDOM20 that indicates it's only one-time use.

An exception would be if a coupon is indicated for 'New Customers' only.  The definition of a 'new customer' could change at any time, but as far as i know it's based upon email address, so two friends/spouses traveling together who are each new to the Priceline or Hotwire system could theoretically split the trip into two purchases and each use a new customer coupon.

Also, keep in mind that any of our PRICELINE coupons which are indicated good for any 'pre-paid hotel' only means that it can't be a "pay when you stay" property (of which there are very few).  Some people, myself included at first, thought this meant it was only good for non-refundable rates, but it can be used on refundable rates too!  In short, if you're paying PRICELINE on the checkout page, and there is a promo box to enter a coupon, then it should be able to be used.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]